What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger plus "disappeared"

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Messenger plus "disappeared"
Author: Message:
Specht77

O.P. Messenger plus "disappeared"
Well, I use messenger plus for msn 2009 for a long time....

but yesterday it just "vanished", there is no signal of it, no icons, options, nothing, the chat registry stopped too, but it's installed properly on program files!

I tried uninstalling msn and msg plus, and installing again, didn't work

then I discovered I was supposed to use msg plus 5.50, so I downloaded it, uninstalled everything again, restarted the CPU, installed msn 2009 then msg plus 5.50...

still don't work!!!!

please someone help me
02-22-2013 02:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
RE: Messenger plus "disappeared"
Microsoft is discontinuing its Messenger service shortly, except in mainland China.  How about switching over to Messenger Plus! (for Skype) and then you can login with your Windows Live ID and still be able to communicate with your Messenger contacts?
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

02-27-2013 03:39 PM
Specht77

O.P. RE: Messenger plus "disappeared"
after several months, I discovered what was the problem... the new nVidia driver, 314.22.... for some reason it makes the msg plus disappear...

my HD died, and now I was installing everything on my new HD, and I noticed that the plus disappeared after installing the video driver...

uninstalling the driver video on control panel, makes the msg plus appear again...

I'm now installing the 314.07, to see if it's compatible with msg plus...

aaaaand it isn't...

now testing with the 310.09....

it is compatible!
04-19-2013 09:27 PM
CyberBeaR

Specht77,

My Messenger Plus! never appeared, but I suspect it might be because of this nVidia driver as well. At 23/05 a new nVidia driver was release, the 320.18, I tried updating to it and had no success using Messenger Plus!, by any chance have you tried out this new driver?
05-25-2013 08:05 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
Do you mean have we tried it for Messenger Plus! (for Skype)? There is no more WLM except in mainland China
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

05-30-2013 11:45 AM
CyberBeaR

Nathalie,

No, I mean Plus! for Live Messenger. I still use it and I'm not from China.. very far away from China actually lol
I meant to ask Specht77 that seemed to find a solution by downgrading the nvidia driver if he had tried with the recently released driver, because I haven't had any success..

I've also read this thread, which acknowledged the issue and said it would be fix with Plus! 5.03.0.716 onwards, which unfortunately was not the case for me nor for the last two posters of the thread.

I just wanted a way to continue using Plus! because it's such a great program, a shame that nVidia's drivers interfere with so many things in the computer, I've considered writing an e-mail to them...
05-30-2013 03:33 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
You can't use Plus! for Windows Live Messenger without Windows Live Messenger.  It's like using shoelaces without shoes... unless you're in China, as far as I know, although some people have found proxies or other workarounds.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

06-05-2013 08:53 AM
CyberBeaR

Nathalie,

I'm not trying to use Plus! without WLM, as I have WLM, and I can login to it by using a workaround, however the Plus! just won't appear as I have already stated...

EDIT: Here is a screenshot so that you can see what's happening. I installed Plus!, but it won't appear with WLM, as you can see no plus tab appearing, however strange as it is, it tells you that there is an update to Plus! 6.0...

?!?!

.jpg File Attachment: WLM and Plus.jpg (207.41 KB)
This file has been downloaded 275 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-09-2013 at 12:41 AM by CyberBeaR.
06-09-2013 12:28 AM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
Hi CyberBear - the notification may be to encourage you to install the new version of Messenger Plus! (for Skype), not Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.     Could you please enlighten us and tell us what country you live in that you are able to get a workaround to access WLM?  If you don't want to state your country publicly, you can send me a private message.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

06-09-2013 03:00 PM
CyberBeaR

Nathalie,

I'm from Southern Brazil and the workaround is called Messenger Reviver 2, from Jonathan Kay.. It's pretty straight forward and no hassle at all. The author did say that it's expected for Live Messenger servers be completely shut down by April 2014, but until then I'll still be using it :)
06-10-2013 02:56 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: