What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Anybody use Prey?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Anybody use Prey?
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Anybody use Prey?
I had iLocalis installed on my iPhone (the equivalent of this) and was stumbling through downtown Houston very much under the influence the other day when I got jumped. Much to my dismay the thiefs immediately turned off my phone thus rendering iLocalis useless. From there, all it would take is to plug it in and restore it to factory defaults to eliminate this problem.

I suspect somebody stealing a laptop would be even more keen to this and boot from a windows install disk or some shit.
09-01-2010 02:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nimicitor

O.P. RE: RE: Anybody use Prey?
quote:
Originally posted by dotNorma
I had iLocalis installed on my iPhone (the equivalent of this) and was stumbling through downtown Houston very much under the influence the other day when I got jumped. Much to my dismay the thiefs immediately turned off my phone thus rendering iLocalis useless. From there, all it would take is to plug it in and restore it to factory defaults to eliminate this problem.

I suspect somebody stealing a laptop would be even more keen to this and boot from a windows install disk or some shit.

quote:
preyproject.com/faq

Can Prey be removed by a thief?

Not unless he has your administrative password.
And what if he formats the computer?

That’s a different story. We encourage you to add a BIOS password and disable booting from removable devices on your PC, so that the thief will be forced to boot into the previous installation and thus, not be able to format your hard disk easily.

If you have a Mac, there’s a firmware password utility on your Mac OS installation DVD. You can find it in in Applications/Utilities on the disc.
09-02-2010 02:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Anybody use Prey?
Got it on my PC now, but they don't support the HTC Wildfire's QVGA display right now, else it'd be "le shit"

EDIT: Now I'm spending all morning searching for if shit is masculine or feminine. I suppose I could always put "les shits", but that just sounds like a bad stomach...

DAMN IT :p

This post was edited on 09-09-2010 at 07:48 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-09-2010 07:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: