What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Website Creation

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Website Creation
Author: Message:
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Website Creation
quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
Ok I have wp installed on XAMPP, now what's my next step? As I said, I already have all the webstie coded, I just need to be able to set up a login screen for members and a section with members pages.

Thanks to all who have helped so far

I doubt you will be able to use the website you made together with wordpress. You will have to look at making a wordpress theme out of what you have.
[Image: signature.php]
08-24-2010 09:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Website Creation
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Ok I have wp installed on XAMPP, now what's my next step? As I said, I already have all the webstie coded, I just need to be able to set up a login screen for members and a section with members pages.

Thanks to all who have helped so far

I doubt you will be able to use the website you made together with wordpress. You will have to look at making a wordpress theme out of what you have.
I know if it's just PHP code you need executed then there's the PHP-Exec plugin for WordPress, however I still agree with Vilkku and wouldn't recommend external code inside a WordPress setup.
08-24-2010 12:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Website Creation
Thanks Vilkku, can you (or anyone else) please recommend any CMS that I can use for an almost fully coded website,

This post was edited on 08-25-2010 at 11:54 AM by High Speed Chaser.
08-25-2010 10:10 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Thanks Vilkku, can you (or anyone else) please recommend any CMS that I can use for an almost fully coded website,

I highly doubt that you're going to be able to just import code that you already have to use as a CMS, you're going to need to modify it a little so you can use it as a template. It's not as hard as you may think and I'd say that WordPress is your best bet. I second Sam's opinion there... It's a very easy content management system to implement and use. Just make sure you read through the WordPress Codex carefully and follow the instructions - that will help you loads.

:)
08-25-2010 12:20 PM
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Website Creation
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

I highly doubt that you're going to be able to just import code that you already have to use as a CMS, you're going to need to modify it a little so you can use it as a template. It's not as hard as you may think and I'd say that WordPress is your best bet. I second Sam's opinion there... It's a very easy content management system to implement and use. Just make sure you read through the WordPress Codex carefully and follow the instructions - that will help you loads.

:)

Ok thanks Traxor,

MY current site is coded to have a left/right/top/bottom frames so that links (both internal/external) are opened up in the middle, it's more important that the frames are there for the external site. Is this possible using the templates in word press? would that make traxor's idea, slightly harder for me to code?
08-25-2010 12:32 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
MY current site is coded to have a left/right/top/bottom frames so that links (both internal/external) are opened up in the middle, it's more important that the frames are there for the external site. Is this possible using the templates in word press? would that make traxor's idea, slightly harder for me to code?
Frames? Seriously?! We're no longer in the middle ages, you know? :-/
I doubt you'd find a CMS which works with HTML framesets.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-25-2010 02:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: