What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! 5 information

Pages: (44): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
5 votes - 2.4 average   Messenger Plus! 5 information
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by Jieff
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Is that the same reason why the "Live" tag has been removed too?

Actually no, this is not the reason why you don't see the Live tag. We wanted to make the product more generic. We would like to bring the Plus! concept to other platforms. The Live tag is closely associated with WLM.
This is what I guessed when I see the new program folder such that there are WLM-Skins and WLM-Scripts folders under Messenger Plus! program folder and the new registry subkey Windows Live Messenger under Messenger Plus! key. But when I checked the first page of setup window it still says "Messenger Plus! Live is the most versatile add-on available for Windows Live Messenger."
12-31-2010 09:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
But when I checked the first page of setup window it still says "Messenger Plus! Live is the most versatile add-on available for Windows Live Messenger."
Indeed... The complete setup still contains the 'Live' tags... It was already been reported as a bug before...

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 10:46 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-31-2010 10:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
a2h

– / Male / Flag
I've registered just to post this.

I find the new website design to be extremely amateurish.

As Messenger Plus moved from being something developed by one person, to something under a company, I am surprised to see the website that came into existence under that one person be potentially torn of its beauty and replaced with something that looks like what an amateur would be making.

Under a company, I would expect more resources to be available to be able to be devoted to things, and while I appreciate the addition of features, I find it extremely strange that steps have been taken to actually reduce the visual appeal of the Plus product and website, which must have involved time and effort.

I'm not falling under the "if it's not broken, why fix it" banner entirely.

While if I had to choose between the old site and the new site, I would immediately go for the old (which has aged amazingly well). But if resources absolutely have to have been devoted to a visual overhaul, I find it absolutely horrible that something this low of a quality could have come into existence. Once again, this amateurish creation is under the banner of a company, not an individual.

I'm going to just end this post with an example, from a product that has also moved from an individual effort to a company effort. It also happens to have a large userbase of younger people. Guess whether this logo ended up going final?

[Image: GM8_cl_Text960.png]
12-31-2010 10:43 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[off topic]

But isn't that smiley in that logo copyrighted?
Hence maybe why they changed it to:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1005369]
which is not bad tbh....

[/off topic]

.png File Attachment: Image4.png (19.57 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1825 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 10:55 AM by CookieRevised.
12-31-2010 10:53 AM
a2h

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[off topic]

But isn't that smiley in that logo copyrighted?
Hence maybe why they changed it to:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1005369]
which is not bad tbh....

[/off topic]

Nope. Have a read of the comments here: http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=622
12-31-2010 11:03 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[off topic]

Ah I see, that yellow smiley was the old new logo....
and that green pacman is the new new logo....

Either way, at least that old new logo was a contribution from the community itself apparently, which in turn didn't liked it... which is kind of strange if you think about it :p.... Hence it might be interesting to see the old old logo and the other entries for the old new design. You can't blame the company to use the best out of community created designs (unless there were better designs). Also, a month later they changed it into the new new logo; so, they listened to the community.

[/off topic]

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 11:24 AM by CookieRevised.
12-31-2010 11:23 AM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
Liked the old interface better, just looks like they took a step back and simplified it because they couldn't come up with anything decent themselves.

New website looks horrible, I think it gave me cancer =\
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
12-31-2010 11:32 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i can't say or do anything that will change anyones minds. at the end of the day you are all individuals and have strong beliefs one way or the other and nothing anyone says or does will change how you see things.

I personally am visually impaired and due to the small size of the preview images i can't tell how it looks so its hard for me to really give an opinion, but despite that no i don't like the visual design of the new plus or the new site.

However going back to what someone said about massively long posts requesting large lists of improvements that i think is what will need to happen again. Yuna don't know us like patchou does they need to learn what we like and don't like just like patchou had to.

At the end of the day like any company they exist to make money, they can only make money if they give their users what the users want, it might take them some time to catch up and give us what we want but they will get there eventually, the best thing we can do is continuously submit those long list of desired improvements to the forum just like last time so as to let them know what we want, after all if we sit here in silence and say nothing they will not know that anything is wrong.

i like the idea of integrating the site and forum together, i have seen such projects done before in the superdudes.net gaming community or on a superdudes fan site called challengefinder.net, it can give us some really cool features in the end but you do need the relevant experts working on it to make it happen, if yuna want to know the names of people who have worked on such projects before i can certainly point them in the right direction.

until the new site and software is released and i can give them my honest opinion on it then i shall just sit on the fence and try to remain objective.
12-31-2010 06:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
so its the job of a volunteer to be the grown up and contact the new owners?

like most people in the world would do, they've rightly taken bat n ball home after the new guys have given the impression of 'sod you, we don't need you'
im impressed, a smart reply by toddy :refuck:

<3
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-31-2010 09:46 PM
Sojeong Yoon

41 / Male / Flag
As you know, a feature of set nickname is disabled in WLM2011.
Can be make to set the "Nickname" in new version of Messenger Plus! Live?
"Shining mind is dead --;"
01-02-2011 02:46 PM
Pages: (44): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: