What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » keyboard not workin

keyboard not workin
Author: Message:
drunkface

O.P. keyboard not workin
my laptop keyboard screwed up last night, at first it was just some of the keys then i restarted my laptop and now all the keys don't work, its a high grade laptop,running on vista its not the first time its broke,
i've tried the drivers and pushed every key,
i don't think that any of the keys are sticking.

anyone know what else could be wrong with it?

laura x
10-07-2008 10:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: keyboard not workin
You'll need to give more details. "Screwed up keys" doesn't tell us what's wrong. Are the keys not working at all, are they displaying incorrect characters? It's important.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
10-07-2008 09:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Divine Dragon

Choice.

33 / Male / Flag
I agree, we need more information. What did you do prior to these problems occurring? What information can you give us when 'some' of the keys worked?

If your keyboard uses drivers (and I know few that do), try uninstalling them and reinstalling them, or even rolling back your system. Also make sure there's no physical damage to your keyboard. You may have damaged it's cable or PS/2 USB connector.

Although unlikely, check the port that you connect it into and make sure it's in working condition (plug other devices in etc.) and make sure it's free of dust.

Hope your able to fix your problem. :)
10-08-2008 06:13 AM
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: keyboard not workin
quote:
Originally posted by Divine Dragon
I agree, we need more information. What did you do prior to these problems occurring? What information can you give us when 'some' of the keys worked?

If your keyboard uses drivers (and I know few that do), try uninstalling them and reinstalling them, or even rolling back your system. Also make sure there's no physical damage to your keyboard. You may have damaged it's cable or PS/2 USB connector.

Although unlikely, check the port that you connect it into and make sure it's in working condition (plug other devices in etc.) and make sure it's free of dust.

she said laptop keyboard.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
10-09-2008 06:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Reboot the laptop. While it is shutting down start tapping F8 continuously. If you get to a prompt saying Safe Mode, Normal Mode etc than your keyboard works and there is something interfering with the keystrokes.
10-09-2008 06:47 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Also, if it isn't first time it broke, and if it's new, try to get it repaired/replaced under warranty?
[Image: signature.php]
10-09-2008 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Divine Dragon

Choice.

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: keyboard not workin
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
Originally posted by Divine Dragon

she said laptop keyboard.

My mistake :$. Sorry for the bad advice. Try cleaning the laptop out and as suggested by matty, enter safe mode.If this does not work, even after playing with options or even reformatting the laptop, it may be physical damage to the laptop and you should have it looked at.
10-10-2008 01:56 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: