What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
I found a rather strange bug... :/ Take a look at the screenshot:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=633319]

The :-[ :-[ :-[ is displayed wrongly in the textboxes. It appears that some certain display-direction controllers have been inserted...

Anyway, it's nothing serious for that entry, but if this happens for other, "regular" entries then it'd be a pain in neck :)

.png File Attachment: MsgPlusTranslatorTextBug.png (18.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1977 time(s).
04-13-2006 04:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul

The :-[ :-[ :-[ is displayed wrongly in the textboxes. It appears that some certain display-direction controllers have been inserted...

Anyway, it's nothing serious for that entry, but if this happens for other, "regular" entries then it'd be a pain in neck :)

That's really weird... :-/
* Matti wonders how that comes... *-)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-13-2006 05:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

I suspect this is due to your used language in Windows or something. IIRC you have had other problems too with other programs because you're using Chinese Windows or something, no?

This would be the same cause I's suspect.

Note: I don't have this bug (English Windows)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-13-2006 07:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
hehe... that's a known bug, but as noone had reported it before, I assumed that I was the only who knew about it :refuck:

When I noticed the bug, it was with the text "3,1", which is used in a special key in the spanish translation. It happened something similar: the symbol (in this case, the comma) appears after the following character: "31,". I tried to fix it, but I still don't know why it happens.

In my tests, I saw a very interesting thing: Just after opening the translator, the first key you display does not have the problem: Make this test, Mnjul, Cookie...: Open the translator, select the files and go to that key. It should be displayed correctly. Now, go to another key and go back to the first one. The problem is there :P In order to "fix" the problem, you have to close and restart the translator again.

quote:
Anyway, it's nothing serious for that entry, but if this happens for other, "regular" entries then it'd be a pain in neck
Don't worry. Under very concrete circumstances, it may happen with other texts, but as long as I know, it happens in texts that have a comma "," or a dash "-" between non-letter characters and without spaces. For example: ":-[", "2,3", "333-444" and not these ones: "2, 3", "qqq-www". These texts which cause the bug are the less common ones.

But these is an important thing to say: This is only a bug concerning the display of the text. What you write in the text area, goes directly to the file and it is written correctly, even if after that, it is displayed wrong.

Anyway, if you doubt, I'd suggest to review the file for those texts that may have commas of dashes without spaces. :)

Thanks for reporting ;)

This post was edited on 04-13-2006 at 09:15 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-13-2006 09:14 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
In my tests, I saw a very interesting thing: Just after opening the translator, the first key you display does not have the problem: Make this test, Mnjul, Cookie...
indeed... confirmed... selecting after selecting other keys and I too have it...

RichEditControl bug?
04-13-2006 09:40 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
RichEditControl bug?
mmm.... I'm not very sure... take into accout that in order to show the text, the translator program creates the RTF code to be put in the RichEditControl, ie: the text I get from the file is not directly sent to the control so there may be a bug in there.... on the other hand, if the bug is there, why is the text shown correctly the 1st time? :P
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-13-2006 11:27 PM
kostas_pav

34 / Male / Flag
Does it work for translation with Messenger Plus! Live?

EDIT: Well it works... I'll try translate in Greek :D

This post was edited on 07-01-2006 at 10:39 PM by kostas_pav.
07-01-2006 09:25 PM
[Sebek]

Polish Translator

38 / Male / Flag
Choli add "Search" function.

Options:

"Search in translated text"

and

"Search in untranslated text"

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 09:12 PM by [Sebek].
07-17-2006 09:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by [Sebek]

Options:

and

for stuff like that I suggest to use a simple (or advanced, whatever you prefer) texteditor to create your language (eg: notepad).

The Translation tool is "only" a tool. It is not meant as the unique and only thing to make your entire translation in. If you do that, you'll find that your translation will actually contain many bugs, inconsistancies, etc...

Out of experience I can say that it is far easier to use your texteditor first (and to start a new translation, make a copy of the English file and use that as your base), and afterwards check your translation for missing keys and what not against the original english one with this Translation Tool.

;)

PS1: The above is meant in case you do use the tool as an unique and only thing to make your translation in... Despite that, a search function would be nice...

PS2: There is also a Translator Script for Plus!Live, which is in essence almost the same as this standalone tool. Also made by Choli.

^^ EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
Seems like the thread is in a private forum :p
God!!! This is the 6541654614th time already... Why are all those things in the beta testing forum (and why don't I check it first :$:$:$).... /me goes to report for moving it

This post was edited on 07-18-2006 at 12:08 AM by CookieRevised.
07-17-2006 09:18 PM
[Sebek]

Polish Translator

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by [Sebek]

Options:

and

for stuff like that I suggest to use a simple (or advanced, whatever you prefer) texteditor to create your language (eg: notepad).

The Translation tool is "only" a tool. It is not meant as the unique and only thing to make your entire translation in. If you do that, you'll find that your translation will actually contain many bugs, inconsistancies, etc...

Out of experience I can say that it is far easier to use your texteditor first (and to start a new translation, make a copy of the English file and use that as your base), and afterwards check your translation for missing keys and what not against the original english one with this Translation Tool.

;)

PS: The above is meant in case you do use the tool as an unique and only thing to make your translation in... Despite that, a search function would be nice...

Yes, you're right but it would be nice if we have there all in one, ultimate translation tool for Messenger Plus!

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 09:37 PM by [Sebek].
07-17-2006 09:35 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: