What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Esperanto translation

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Esperanto translation
Author: Message:
Mendor

O.P. Esperanto translation
I'd like to start work on a translation of Plus! into Esperanto. If there happen to be any Esperantists around here (*looks around unexpectantly*) willing to help, please get in touch; else, do I just soldier on with the translation and post it here when it's done?

cheers,

----------

Mi komencas laboron je traduko de Plus! en Esperanton. Se estas esperantistoj tie cxi kiu volus helpi, bonvolu kontakti min.

dankon,

Mendor

This post was edited on 07-20-2003 at 04:50 PM by Mendor.
07-20-2003 04:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jpg050

41 / Male / Flag
RE: Esperanto translation
Esperanto ? the European common language?

This post was edited on 07-21-2003 at 11:39 AM by jpg050.
[Image: spaplus.gif]
07-21-2003 11:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mippo
Elite Member

MJBZ!

33 / Male / –
Yeah, I was wondering too, but I think it's the one :P. It seems kinda cool, but where do you learn it? :S
07-21-2003 11:44 AM
jpg050

41 / Male / Flag
It was going to be as the euro is to the old currencies, but I heard it was totally unsuccesful... at least I haven't heard of it since '96... anyway, it looks like french-spanish mixed with greek...

Mi komencas laboron je traduko de Plus! en Esperanton. Se estas esperantistoj
Me comenzado labor     traducción de Plus! en Esperanto Si eres esperantista

tie cxi kiu volus helpi, bonvolu kontakti min.
     si you voulez help,                contactame.

I don't know where can it be learnt... Anyway, I'll help you once it's finished, to find bugs...

This post was edited on 07-21-2003 at 01:56 PM by jpg050.
[Image: spaplus.gif]
07-21-2003 01:52 PM
Mendor

O.P. RE: Esperanto translation
It's not exactly a European common language, but "French and Spanish mixed with Greek" is about right. It was invented in 1887 and has about 2 million speakers - so, not totally unsuccessful, but not a roaring success either, given that it's meant to be a world interlanguage. The EU has never officially supported it (though I think UNESCO has)

www.esperanto.net has more information, including probably links to courses in your language, whatever that may be.

"Mi komencas laboron je traduko de Plus! en Esperanton. Se estas esperantistoj tie cxi kiu volus helpi, bonvolu kontakti min." = "I am starting work on a translation of Plus! into Esperanto. If there are Esperantists here who would like to help, please contact me."

still working on the translation... I'll put it up here when it's done.

Mendor

(I'm not repeating all that in Esperanto, since there don't seem to be any Esperantists here to read it)

07-21-2003 02:40 PM
Mendor

This translation's almost done, but I've got a question about one thing.

Esperanto has six characters unique to its alphabet (c-circumflex, g-circumflex, h-circumflex, j-circumflex, s-circumflex, u-breve). These characters show up in Unicode but not in ANSI... however, there is a workaround for when Esperantists type in ANSI - we type cx, gx, hx, jx, sx, ux (as the letter x doesn't appear in Esperanto).

Should I make two .ini files, one in Unicode with the Esperanto letters and one in ANSI with the workaround?

cheers

Mendor
07-28-2003 12:37 PM
Leif

80 / Male / –
RE: RE: Esperanto translation
quote:
Originally posted by Mendor
Should I make two .ini files, one in Unicode with the Esperanto letters and one in ANSI with the workaround?

Yes, I think that's the only way!

07-28-2003 01:50 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Esperanto translation
quote:
Originally posted by Mendor

Yes, (as Leif said) and you must include both files in order Patchou can add them to Plus! As you said, Esperanto seems to not use the west european languages code page (1252), so Plus! can't transform the ANSI .ini file into Unicode as it does with the files of the translations into spanish, french, ....
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-28-2003 05:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Dear Mendor,

Your idea of an Esperanto translation of Messenger Plus! sounds great, though I'd like to point out that Patchou doesn't allow dialects. I'm definitely not saying that Esperanto is a dialect, but have you checked with Patchou to see if he's willing to include the Esperanto language file?

It would be a shame if something you spent so much time and effort in, couldn't be used.

Tochjo
09-20-2003 09:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mendor

I haven't checked with Patchou; I was hoping that he would see this thread, though that's not too likely if I let it die for another two months!

I will check with him though. The translation is almost completely ready, so it should appear soon, if it appears at all.

(Mi supozas laux via nomo ke vi fakte estas esperantisto, cxu, Tocxjo?)
09-21-2003 06:30 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: