What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Multi-Language Support -- *Who can translate* Plus! into it's own language?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Multi-Language Support -- *Who can translate* Plus! into it's own language?
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Multi-Language Support -- *Who can translate* Plus! into it's own language?
It's official, as Patchou said: Multi-Language Support is comming in Plus! 2.00. So we will all be able to view Plus! in our own language in the next version of Plus.

But, if we want to do that we need people which can translate all the texts that are in Plus! to his own langauge.
So... International Plus users, we need your help!

All you we ask you to do is just translating pure text into one of the languages below, you won't have to code or have understanding of developing software or any... just plain translating.

Patchou explains how it works:
quote:
Basically, all you'll have to do is request the file to translate, it's like a big txt file... when it's done, you send it back to me and it's part of the software! of course, we won't do that before the final version is ready to be released, you don't want to translate the same stuff again and again right?  ... also, when you versions will be released, I'll send you only the differences between the two versions so that you don't have to translate it again.
So, If you are interested in translating Plus! into your own language and making Plus! more accesable for your language's people by that, then post a reply right here, or mail me directly at msgpluforum@xs4all.nl and tell me into which language you could translate Plus. Also don't hesitate if you have questions.

We are searching people which can translate in one of the following languages (same languages as MSN is distubuted in):

Arabic, Brazilian, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish or Turkish

Please keep in mind that the language you want to translate in should be your primary language which you speak and write at home, and that you should be able to manage correct spelling.

I posted this only to see if there are enough people around willing to translate, no actual translating is done yet until Patchou finished 2.0.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-27-2002 09:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
chrono will do one :-P also i got a German mate i see if he will translate that if you like.
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
09-27-2002 09:40 PM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Do you need any other languages other than that? :grin:
09-28-2002 06:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jaber

Groogy

37 / Male / –
i know filipino(Tagalog) i can translate perfectly Philippines Official Language
i live on the internet!
09-28-2002 09:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
How about geordie? :grin:
09-28-2002 11:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
How about geordie? :grin: 
You've gotta do a geordie version!! That would be funny... :grin:
09-28-2002 02:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
How is Patchou going to implement the multilanguage thing?

From my experience with both PhatSkinner and Msg++ and reading of the GNU GetText sources I have found that if you let users modify the translations on their machine then it is a lot easier for the translators. If it reads the translations from a file then people could add funny translations, while if they were hard-coded into the program it becomes more of an issue because every translation takes up space in the program.

Just curious ;)
09-28-2002 03:37 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
O.P.
From what i undetstood from Patchou's post somewhere in the "i'm alive" topic it will be hard-coded. Not sure tough
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-28-2002 05:53 PM
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
I would strongly recommend against that, as it creates more work for Patchou, more work for the translators, and makes the code less readable (if he's going to do it the way I think he is), and hampers "fun" languages (I don't want a 2Gb DLL with 2000 fun languages, but I wouldn't mind giving Geordie a try, I've already used the Geordie Windoze simulator ;))

Would it be useful to have a forum for the deep technical issues in Plus! ? Maybe so Patchou can request help on Plus!, and help it along quicker.
09-28-2002 05:58 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
I have told mess.be so hopefully some people will coem to here and tell us if ytehy can transalte it.
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
09-28-2002 10:05 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: