What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
If you want the Live version, please visit http://www.filetransferplus.com/ instead.

The built-in feature in Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger to send files is very limited and does not use the full available bandwidth for the transfer. The File Transfer Plus plugin solves these limitations by providing more functionality and features such as:

- Resume support with rollback feature to prevent file corruption;
- Speed indicator with estimated time left to complete the transfer and time elapsed;
- Optimal transfer throughput with packet size configuration;
- Automatic compression on-the-fly for even faster transfer speeds;
- Transfer window independent from conversation window and from Messenger;
- Transfer window minimizable to system tray and optionally closes itself when the transfer completes;
- Optionally replaces Messenger's "Send Files" button and drag-and-drop in conversation window (it checks if the plugin is installed on the other side, else the standard transfer is used);
- Ability to send files in conversations with more than one contact;
- Ability to send multiple files simultaneously;
- Transfer can be paused/resumed at any time;
- Advanced connection configuration for different network scenarios, including support for blocked connections (passive transfer mode), although there is no proxy support yet;
- IP address optionally encrypted (for better security in a multi-user conversation window);
- Ability to set a default save folder (media files can have a different default save folder), also a separate folder can be made for each contact;
- Ability to preview media files while the transfer is in progress with the default player. If the file bitrate is less than the transfer speed, you'll be able to preview the entire file from the beginning without interruptions;
- Ability to auto-accept file transfers from your friend list or from anyone (the file is saved in the default folder);
- Transfer history log for easier management of the transferred files;
- And much more!

[Image: attachment.php?pid=321017]
Transfer with compression enabled - my connection has a maximum upload of 28 KB/s.

What's New in 1.1 RELEASE

UPDATE 1.1.11:
- Messenger should not freeze anymore during startup under some circunstances.
- Fixed a bug in Automatic IP detection which caused the transfer not to start even when the IP was detected correctly.
- A few minor fixes.
UPDATE 1.1.10:
- Messenger should not crash anymore when opening a chat window during startup or when multiple Messengers are running.
- Changed so the window title shows the progress percentage before the plugin name.
- Updated links to the new domain: http://www.filetransferplus.com and support@filetransferplus.com.
UPDATE 1.1.09:
- Fixed plugin check bug with MSN 7 and Messenger Plus! 3.52.
- Updated zLib library to version 1.2.2.
- Some minor fixes.
UPDATE 1.1.08:
- Fixed Messenger crash when reloading plugins.
UPDATE 1.1.07:
- The plugin will work without Windows Messenger installed.
- Fixed error for systems with eastern Unicode languages.
- The Microsoft Layer for Unicode is now used for Win9x/ME systems.
- Optimized automatic IP detection.
- Setup fixed again.
UPDATE 1.1.06:
- Fixed black options bug, “out of memory” error and a setup bug.
RELEASE 1.1.05:
- File Transfer Plus can now catch Messenger's events such as the Send Files button click and drag-and-drop operations in the conversation window. You can configure it to automatically send the file using File Transfer Plus or to check if the other side has the plugin first, else send through Messenger (conditional send).
- Unicode support for displaying foreign nicknames and file names. Only supported in Win2K/XP with the appropriate language package installed. Note that it may not be possible to send such files through File Transfer Plus yet.
- New option to save files in a separate folder for each contact (this option may be overridden by the Friend list option).
- New option so the plugin will not auto-accept a passive transfer request when your status is set to Busy. It may be useful when you're using a fullscreen application, since the plugin sets focus to the conversation window when accepting a passive transfer.
- Fixed so the transfer window will not get focus automatically if the foreground window is not a Messenger window.
- New option to allow resume on auto-accept. Note that it may corrupt a file with the same name in the same download folder, since it will try to resume the transfer for that file.
- File Transfer Plus now checks if the file size is greater than the available disk space. Auto-accept is not used if there is not enough space on disk.
- Help file reviewed and improved. Added a Troubleshooting section.
- Various cosmetic improvements in the Options window. You can now sort the contact and history lists. The "encrypt IP address" option has been moved into the Connection settings.
- Enhanced display of large nicknames and file names in the transfer window.
- The tooltip of the system tray icon now displays the file name and information about time left and transfer speed.
- The default save folder is now the same as the Messenger's save folder. Also, the plugin now tries to create the folder when it doesn't exist.
- Changes to the send file command do not require a Messenger restart anymore. The plugins are reloaded automatically.
- File Transfer Plus files will be moved into the Plugins\FileTransferPlus subfolder during setup for better organization. You may have to update your firewall settings for the new transferplus.exe location.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the request window not to show up to the receiver.
- Fixed a bug in the Setup script related to Messenger detection.
- File Transfer Plus now works with multiple Messenger instances (including Polygamy plugin).
- Many other bug fixes and improvements.

This version of the plugin is NOT compatible with previous 1.0 versions.

Installation

IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED FILE TRANSFER PLUS 1.0 BETA: Please UNINSTALL it before installing the new version.

1) Download the plugin's Setup package (989KB);

2) Unpack and run TransferPlusSetup11RELEASE.exe to install the plugin;

3) Install it in the Messenger Plus! Plugins directory (for example, C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins);

4) The Setup will restart Messenger and File Transfer Plus, if running. When the installation completes, Messenger will be automatically restarted;

5) Configure File Transfer Plus, especially the Connection settings, before using.

If you get "runtime" error messages when the plugin is loading, try to download and install the Visual Basic Runtime Library, available at the Microsoft website.

System Requirements

- Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2K/XP with Internet Explorer 5.5 or better.
- Messenger Plus! 2 or better.
- Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger compatible with Messenger Plus!.

Usage

To send a file, type /xtpsend and press Enter. You can change this command in the plugin options. Select the file you want to send. You'll be asked to select the receiver if there are more than one contact in the conversation. The transfer will begin when the other part accepts it. Note that both sides must have the plugin installed.

To resume the transfer, save the file in the same folder and with the same filename as before, then you will be prompted to Resume, Overwrite or Rename it.

Connection Settings

In the plugin options, select the network adapter address that is connected to the Internet. Then, you have three options:
- Use the adapter's IP address to send files (default setting);
- Use automatic detection to get your external IP address (usually takes 1 or 2 seconds before sending the file). This option is recommended for router/NAT scenarios;
- Use a manually entered IP or hostname. You can enter here a dynamic IP hostname such as the ones from no-ip.com or dyndns.org.

If your ISP, firewall or router/NAT reject inbound connections, you'll have to select "Send files in passive transfer mode" to be able to send files. In this case, your contact must be able to receive inbound connections.

See Help for more details.

Known Issues and Limitations

- Both sender and receiver must have the plugin installed, otherwise the transfer will not start. It's recommended also to have the same plugin version on both sides (1.1 versions are NOT compatible with 1.0 versions). You can share the plugin with your contacts by using the command /xtpShare. Also, File Transfer Plus can check if the contact has it installed, otherwise the transfer is done through Messenger's standard file transfer. Just type the send command followed by a question mark (for example, /xtpSend?).
- The maximum file size that can be transferred is 2GB. Files larger than 2GB should be split into smaller files.
- It may not be possible to send files with Unicode characters in their name yet.
- Currently there is no Proxy support.

Special Thanks

- Tom, assistant programmer and tester
- Rocky Skywalker, tester
- Lampadinha, tester
- Jolo, tester
- Jeronimo, tester
- Community for all feedback

Please let me know if you like it :)

Post comments and bug reports here or send them through email.

This post was edited on 04-23-2007 at 12:57 PM by surfichris.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
08-04-2004 02:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA
This seems like a good plugin, you have clearly spent some time planning it out well and making it. I'll try and test it with some of my contacts tomorrow to test it further.

Well done on this. I reckon this could become quite popular. People have been crying out for a resume function on transfers :)
08-04-2004 02:35 AM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
Sounds like a good plugin so ill try it,

I've been waiting for something like this actually, but this has more features then expected, so i hope to see good results :)

Nice work (Y)
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
08-04-2004 02:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
it says Invalid OS when i download Windows Installer :S...i dunno

EDIT: i got everything to work...great plugin:D

This post was edited on 08-04-2004 at 03:08 AM by LoochTheMan.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

08-04-2004 02:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
I don't think his host allows hotlinking. Copy and paste the link into your browser's address bar to get the files (y)
08-04-2004 02:55 AM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA
quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
it says Invalid OS when i download Windows Installer :S...i dunno

The Windows Installer is only needed if you cannot open the .msi file. The link provided is for Win98/Me. Windows XP already come with Windows Installer. If you have WinNT/2k, then try this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...a8f&DisplayLang=en
EDIT: I've updated the post to have links for both systems.

quote:
I don't think his host allows hotlinking. Copy and paste the link into your browser's address bar to get the files

EDIT: I've just uploaded it as a file attachment in this post ;)

This post was edited on 08-04-2004 at 08:21 AM by RicarDog.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
08-04-2004 03:06 AM
duol90

this is great, I've realli wanted a plugin where i can resume dls. saves a lot of time.
08-04-2004 04:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jolo

40 / Male / –
Seems excelente! Too sad that I can't test it now because everybody is offline... :(

But tomorrow I will test it... If you need Betatesters, contact me... :)
08-04-2004 04:39 AM
Black_Forky

We both have ports open but when we try to send to eachother it says transfer cancelled
Is there any limitation as to what port you can use?
[Image: LAME.jpg]
*Caution* You could be lame if you are not careful
08-04-2004 05:20 AM
Amorssang

Problem.

My buddy and I were trying to send eachother files, but everytime one of accepts (depending on who's sending) it immediatly says "transfer cancelled" (or something like that).

We both have it installed correctly, it's just giving us a hard time. 
08-04-2004 05:22 AM
Pages: (50): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: