What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » WTF is this mail :|

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
2 votes - 4.5 average   WTF is this mail :|
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: WTF is this mail :|
Just use some type of anonymal & a proxy, run the mail-bomb, untraceable.
06-03-2005 09:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Can I repêat what I said earlier?

quote:
for those who might say: "blah, can't hurt anyone if I just send it or play along"...

Yes it does hurt everybody. Sending such crap or "playing along" only puts more strain on various mailservers, making other legit mails going slower and slower...
just ignore the spam and delete it, do not react upon it, nor send "revenge" mails...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-03-2005 10:53 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
The mere thought of 'revenge' e-mails takes you down to the spammers' level. Take heed of CookieRevised's advice.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-03-2005 11:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
Yeh, I remember Cookie saying something like (you may find this post somewhere on these forums, like Cookie's reply to etc. :P, anyway),

"You used to be able to send an email from one side of the world to the other and it would arrive in seconds"

but now, emails take ages to get through :(, like activation codes etc. then i go to bed and then finally receive it like the next day and it's ran out and have to request another... 8-)
06-03-2005 03:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: WTF is this mail :|
quote:
Originally posted by jren207
but now, emails take ages to get through :(, like activation codes etc. then i go to bed and then finally receive it like the next day and it's ran out and have to request another... 8-)
Hmm... I guess it's because of your ISP or something... I get activation e-mails and so after just 1 or 2 minutes :-/

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Can I repêat what I said earlier?
Yes it does hurt everybody. Sending such crap or "playing along" only puts more strain on various mailservers, making other legit mails going slower and slower...
Well, it hurts everybody not because it puts strain in servers, but because it adds everybody to yet another spam list :P Of course, what you say apply for the rest of the forwards.
quote:
just ignore the spam and delete it, do not react upon it, nor send "revenge" mails...
Oh I agree, I was joking when I said "ahh revenge"; it'd be nice to spam themselves but they probably won't even notice, let alone care.
06-03-2005 03:35 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Hmm... I guess it's because of your ISP or something... I get activation e-mails and so after just 1 or 2 minutes :-/

no :P, i do get many within about a min, but some take longer...
06-03-2005 05:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It is a well known fact that emails are send/received much slower than they used to. The reason for this, as everybody says, is "increased email traffic". The biggest increase of email traffic isn't because more and more people use email, but because of the spam. More then 50% of send emails is spam related these days (it can be spam or replies to spam or the likes), and some studies even say it is 75%...

In other words, despite the fact that you lower yourself to the level of spammers, you activly help to increase the email traffic and thus slowing down the mail servers if you reply to such bullocks, weither it's for revenge, unsubsribing or what not.

And of course you can say, what's 1 mail between billions. Well not much, but the point is that everybody thinks that way and thus that 1 email becomes millions and millions of unneeded strain on mail servers, slowing the legit mails down...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-04-2005 03:34 AM
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
The refernce number gives it away as fake. Tey tried to hard to make it seem real.
Rafy.

06-04-2005 08:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: