What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Sounds, colors, commands not working? please read!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Sounds, colors, commands not working? please read!
Author: Message:
Pho3niX^ReBorN

36 / Male / –
RE: Sounds, colors, commands not working? please read!
Would this be the cause of my little problem? Whenever I restart (WLM) my saved login information, and custom emoticons are gone.

[nub]Pho3niX^ReBorN[/nub]

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 09:51 PM by Pho3niX^ReBorN.
[Image: MsgPlusSig.jpg][Image: 89762.gif]
07-22-2006 09:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stu8975

as far as the built in sounds not working..in my case it was a simple case of renaming my custom emoticons so that the name didnt match the command name...eg..if you have a smiley that appears when you type ''hello'...you will need to change the name..eg ''hellooo'' so that the ''hello - built in sound command '' doesnt clash with it...try it it worked for me...no reinstalling and deleting stuff
08-03-2006 03:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Belgarion

Huh?  RE: Sounds, colors, commands not working? please read!
I have uninstalled windows live messenger, then deleted every folder that looked like "msn messenger" then reinstalled WLM and messenger plus live from the officials websites but it still don't work....if someone has an idea....

PS: Excuse me if i don't speak english very well but i'm french.

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 07:14 PM by Belgarion.
08-25-2006 06:45 PM
j.mp.06

Huh?  RE: Sounds, colors, commands not working? please read!
I unintalled WLM, Tried searching for a "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" but I don't even have it on my computer. I then Re-Installed WLM and Plus! but that hasn't resolved my issue. I am currently on my mums sign on thing [You know when you first turn on your computer and you can log in as different people?] I installed it on my Mums Account and I'm glad I did cause now I can go on Plus! I would really love to go on it on mine though...

PLEASE HELP!
03-17-2007 01:23 PM
Illimit

I am having the same issue.  Thanks.

Illimit
Pure Consciousness
http://www.Illimit.com
10-21-2007 03:02 AM
elmarian75

– / Male / Flag
the same happened to me, in my case there was too many scripts working.

as soon as i were deactivating them, i recovered the sounds and others functions.

saludos desde argentina [Image: rocknana.gif]
12-17-2007 01:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Giacu Truss

Hi guys. What I experience is this: whenever I use a custom smiley, either I see key sequence in my window and my chatting buddy sees the correct icon, or the opposite (I see icon and he/she sees the icon key sequence letters).
Maybe if I uninstall all and after deleting the messenger folder it will work, but my question is:
how can I save my custom smiley and avoid loosing them during this operation? I would like to use them again once everything is fixed! Thanks for suggestions.
11-19-2008 10:19 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Giacu Truss
Hi guys. What I experience is this: whenever I use a custom smiley, either I see key sequence in my window and my chatting buddy sees the correct icon, or the opposite (I see icon and he/she sees the icon key sequence letters).
Maybe if I uninstall all and after deleting the messenger folder it will work, but my question is:
how can I save my custom smiley and avoid loosing them during this operation? I would like to use them again once everything is fixed! Thanks for suggestions.
Custom emoticons are not stored in the Program Files folder and you will still have them after following the steps in the original post. That said, this thread is about problems with a few of Messenger Plus's features and not of Windows Live Messenger's features (such as custom emoticons), and furthermore since this thread is almost 2 and a half years old the instructions are a bit outdated as the new Messenger folder is located at "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger".
I'm not sure what the problem could be if this issue appears to occur randomly, perhaps a reinstallation of Messenger could solve the solution. Also make sure you have emoticons enabled in 'Tools > Options > Messages' (I think that's where it's located but I don't have access to Messenger at the moment so cannot confirm it).

If you have no luck resolving the issue I would recommend posting a new thread altogether as it is somewhat irrelevant to this 2 year old thread :p

This post was edited on 11-19-2008 at 10:47 AM by Volv.
11-19-2008 10:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: