What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Get rid of the reputation system

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Should the reputation system be removed
This poll is closed.
Yes 14 21.54%
No 51 78.46%
Total: 65 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Get rid of the reputation system
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Get rid of the reputation system
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
annual*

all that needs to be done is forbid rep threads, if someone has something to say, pm the person.

Got to agree. If that doesn't work out contact an admin.
02-24-2007 12:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
I agrre with you that the Reputation can be used to "attack" someone (unfortunatelly, I've seen it).

But sometimes it is a good indicator if you're doing a bad/good job... I've seen cases that the person started with neg reputation (on the first posts), as he/she spamed and sometimes made posts with no usefull content, but he/she improved and today he/she has pos reputation.

So, the problem that is more complained here is about the unfair reputation. In this point we maybe had to make an upgrade. People have said that we could make a system that new people doesn't get voted, or, the case here, to stop it. Just would like to remember that some people here don't get stressed with reputation.

I have to agree that people with good reputation (or not or none) in most cases come here to help or get helped. AND I would like to remember that we cannot make h´ppy all the people, so a neg rep (when is fair) is normal (now we're coming back to the unfair part).

So, in my opinion, it can be stoped the  reputation system, but, if it continues (is that I belive that is going to hapen, as, if I'm not wrong it have been instaled for people interaction or something similar) no problem too.

Ohh... I was forgeting: maybe we could choose some people (the older ones here) to judge the reputation, but maybe it's difficult. Also, try to search on the forum, because posts with suggestions about the reputation have been made...

EDIT: But contacting an Adim. is good to when we need to make things fair... Have to agree with you again...
;)

This post was edited on 02-24-2007 at 01:15 AM by MicroWay.
02-24-2007 01:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The reputation system is not at fault, it is the attitude of some people that is wrong...

If you think that the reputation system is useless, then simply don't use it.

If you like to abuse the reputation system, that says more about you and your attitude than about the reputation system itself.

Removing or changing the reputation system is not going to change and/or help the attitude of those people. They still will act immature...

PS: yes this has indeed be discussed before...

This post was edited on 02-24-2007 at 01:31 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-24-2007 01:17 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by brian
No, it's still pointless with it being private.  Report his post or him doing something wrong or PM an admin/moderator about it.
One of the reasons someone said the rep is a good thing was because it let the mod know if he/she is a good person. Since it is only them who deal out the punishments it would be good for them to see it.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
02-24-2007 01:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I smell another "Members behaviour" thread.

I dont think the rep system should be removed, the rep isnt at fault. But really does rep matter? if some person gives you a neg for crap that is not true all you have to do is just forget about that person and move on.
02-24-2007 01:25 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
this topic has been argued to death, every single time somebody makes a thread about the quality of the forums member, with in an hour its turned in to a debate about weather the rep system should stay or not, and to be honest, its not our decision, its the admins decision, and they've decided it stays, making polls or threads about it so everybody starts screaming at each other doesn't help it to get better,  it only gets on peoples nerves, and it gets way out of hand.

arguing or even discussing it won't make a difference, if the forum admins feel that the reputation system is no longer a good part of these forums, then they will remove it. on their own. not with our help.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6620 days, 16 hours, 25 minutes, 39 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
02-24-2007 01:26 AM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
can this thread be locked before it gets out of hand?
02-24-2007 01:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Get rid of the reputation system
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Originally posted by brian
No, it's still pointless with it being private.  Report his post or him doing something wrong or PM an admin/moderator about it.
One of the reasons someone said the rep is a good thing was because it let the mod know if he/she is a good person. Since it is only them who deal out the punishments it would be good for them to see it.

Thats not right. I could get 20 people to neg and put all lies. the mods wont think your a good person or not just by looking at rep.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Svip
And a last thing, don't feel bad about being mean to new users.  That's how life is.  It may be what gives a board a bad name.  But its better than a good name.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opion you should be banned if you are telling people not to feel bad insulting and hassling new users. Also whats wrong with a good name for the board? We all want a good name for the board.

This post was edited on 02-24-2007 at 01:33 AM by Discrate.
02-24-2007 01:27 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Rep system is a good feature..its good for the community, if you see it being used in a wrong way its people's fault not the system's fault.

If you think its useless then i think you are giving too much importance to it just by creating a new thread.
02-24-2007 01:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
My point being discrate it will be better for the members. Those 20 lies would only create flames in threads when that member tries to help. Making the reps private will allow the member to be judged better by the people who deal out the punishments.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
02-24-2007 01:46 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend