What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
quote:
Originally posted by showman
Thanks for not helping

If there was a way to access the logs without the password it would defeat the object of them being encrypted.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 12 hours, 25 minutes, 10 seconds ago
10-04-2009 08:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
showman

RE: RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Thanks for not helping

If there was a way to access the logs without the password it would defeat the object of them being encrypted.

ummm...
Everything has positive and negative effects.
Even u can use a gun for your safety purpose or for killing others. usage depends on the user..
If u saying others can view logs by discovering some way to decrypt without password.. its upto them.. not ur fault.
u see on the other side.. people loosing their data.. n u say now they should remember passwords for future logs.. and forget about old logs. this is not a way...

Anyways forget it
Thanks
10-05-2009 05:38 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:

ummm...
Everything has positive and negative effects.
Even u can use a gun for your safety purpose or for killing others. usage depends on the user..
If u saying others can view logs by discovering some way to decrypt without password.. its upto them.. not ur fault.
u see on the other side.. people loosing their data.. n u say now they should remember passwords for future logs.. and forget about old logs. this is not a way...
If some guy founds a way to decrypt it without the password, probably he would like to declare and share it either to his friends or on the web. Then this method will spread everywhere. Then people who want to decrypt encrypted logs like you will make a quick search on the web and learn this method. Now no encrypted log on the world will be protected anymore because all those can be decrypted with that method and Patchou may end up by removing this feature from Messenger Plus! chat logging.
10-05-2009 08:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Myth757

34 / Male / Flag
I haven't lost my password like these dumbasses, but most of my logs are in HTML format, does anyone know how I can change them to the .PLE format?
10-22-2009 07:45 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Myth757
I haven't lost my password like these dumbasses, but most of my logs are in HTML format, does anyone know how I can change them to the .PLE format?
Please read the first post in this thread, everything is explained in there.

PLE is the encrypted format of the Messenger Plus! log chats.
Thus, simply turn encryption on to turn your logs into encrypted PLE files.

This post was edited on 10-28-2009 at 07:45 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-22-2009 12:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Elecyah

I'm one of the unlucky ppl who used the encryption 4 years ago and now have logs they can't read because of a forgotten password. :( I've been reading these forums thru and thru to see if there is any way to recover a lost password, but I take it there isn't. My computer was crashing over and over back then and was taken back to the store to get repaired every month, it seemed. When I finally got it back, I was told to install only essentials, because the prob seemed to be a program-related one, so Messenger Plus! was one of the programs I didn't dare to get back - hence my logs remained encrypted as they had been the previous time my comp went belly up, and as I quit using the program, I eventually forgot the pass, too.

I'll just have to keep racking my brain and trying to remember what pass I used.
Reason I'm posting is to ask if the encryption passwords have always had the minimum of 4 letters as it seems to have now? Or if, for example, at 2005 it could have been shorter? That would be at least some sort of a start. And was there a limit of how long it could be?
Also, I read somewhere about different logs having different passwords or something? I know I changed my pass a couple of times during the time I encrypted logs, but I don't remember having to type in different passes to read the old logs. As I remember, I always just used the newest one. Am I just remembering wrong?

The logs I'm trying to retrieve are the first messenger convos between myself and the guy I ended up marrying 2 years later from when the convos took place. It would mean a lot to me to remember that password, so thank you to anyone who'd take the time to read this and answer my question. :)
10-28-2009 06:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As you know by now, you can not decrypt logs if you don't know the correct password.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think there always was a minimum size of 4 characters. The maximum limit doesn't really matter because as soon as you have a minimum of 6 characters the password is already relative strong (for Messenger Plus! chat logs).

If you have changed your password several times, then the chance is high that different logs have different passwords. It all depends on how you archived the logs over time as only the logs in the main directory will be re-encrypted with the new password. The logs already stored/archived in a subfolder will not be re-encrypted when you change your password.

I'm sorry that you are unable to remember the password for those important logs, but we can not help you with that. It is not possible to decrypt without knowing the exact password.

This post was edited on 10-28-2009 at 07:54 PM by CookieRevised.
10-28-2009 07:53 PM
Elecyah

Thank you. :)

Yea, I have indeed figured out there's nothing to be done to decrypt them without the right pass, which is why I'm racking my brain to figure out what pass I might have used. It's why I was asking about the min/max lengths. So at least I won't waste time thinking about or trying 1-3 letter passwords while trying to find the right one.

I have pretty much given up hope, tho. I've been at this for a year now, off and on. I've got a couple of non-important passes I often use for stuff like this, and I always thought that all I'd need to do was to download the Plus again and punch them in. Along the 3-4 years I didn't use Plus! I didn't in fact know I had forgotten the password. Just that I didn't have the program to read the logs. Ah well.. live and learn.

Thank you for your time and reply :)
10-28-2009 08:03 PM
yerm80

buenas noches... espero puedan ayudarme... encripte mis historiales de conversacion y ahora no recuerdo la clave... hay alguna manera de quitarles el candado que genere??? espero su pronta respuesta...
03-13-2010 09:09 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by yerm80
buenas noches... espero puedan ayudarme... encripte mis historiales de conversacion y ahora no recuerdo la clave... hay alguna manera de quitarles el candado que genere??? espero su pronta respuesta...
As said countless times: no, there is no way to decrypt a log without knowing the correct password, sorry...

In English:
quote:
Originally posted by yerm80
Good night... hope you can help me... I've encrypted my conversation logs and forgot the password... Is there any way to remove the decryption??? Waiting for a quick response...

This post was edited on 03-13-2010 at 12:24 PM by CookieRevised.
03-13-2010 12:23 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: