What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities

Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities
Messenger Discovery has just notified me about a contact of mine has deleted me. But I immediately went to "Display who has added me" window of WLM and she was still there. And then go to Contact List Clean-Up window of Messenger Plus! Live and she is still on that list too. I thought, since Messenger Discovery can detect at the same moment she deleted me, Messenger Plus! can detect it too independently from WLM. So it also can update Contact List Clean-Up feature so it can always display the latest information about contacts. Because the problem here is, when I started to clean my contact list, I would see contact A has added me still so I wouldn't delete her. But according to Messenger Discovery, she deleted me and I should see the new info about her, because if I clean my contact list second time 1 month later, she would stay in my contact list unnecessarily for 1 month.

Second suggestion is about again contact deletion activities and showing those informations on Event Viewer, and also logging those to the file. When Messenger Discovery notified me, I looked at Event Viewer but could't see the info. But if it was written there we can able to see when they deleted us while analyzing contact events later. Note: You may say, but your contacts delete you mostly when you aren't online so this won't work always properly. OK then, only for such cases let Event Viewer show contacts who deleted us when we sign in to messenger thus it, at least, inform us about activities and still can give an idea about when they deleted us.

No editting: Sorry, nothing editted.

This post was edited on 05-09-2007 at 01:44 PM by ahmetgns.
05-08-2007 02:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities
The question is: Where does Messenger Discovery pull its information form, and is that information accurate?

I doubt Patchou will change the was "has you" works in the contactlist cleanup window. That info is currently pulled from WLM's own data, it can't get more accurate then that. The fact that Messenger Discover updates the info quicker is probably because Messenger Discover analyzes the protocol data, while Plus! waits until WLM updates the list, which is probably next time you sign in. Showing a deletion in the event viewer wouldn't make much sense the way it is now because, like you pointed out, that info is delayed. The event viewer is meant for realtime data.

So, yes Messenger Discovery has a quicker method to detect deletions... But how exactly do they detect it, and is it really accurate or just guesses just like the "XXX has opened a chat with you" things. If Plus! used a realtime deletion detection it would make sense in the eventviewer yes, but I doubt its worth spending time on changing that code instead of adding real new features.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-08-2007 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Some general suggestion about contact deletion activities
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
The event viewer is meant for realtime data.
Yes but if we block some contact on another computer at the morning, and then sign in to our computer at home at the evening, although he was blocked at the morning, it shows and logs it as soon as we sign in to messenger like we blocked him at the evening.

Also at least let Event Viewer show that we delete our contacts, just like it shows blocking/unblocking activities. I forgot to mention this in my first post.

Edit: I have just thought that let Event Viewer show addition activities as well as deletion ones. I mean let those be logged when people add us to their contact lists as well as when we add them.

This post was edited on 05-09-2007 at 02:51 PM by ahmetgns.
05-09-2007 01:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: