What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » First glimpse of version 4.50

Pages: (23): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   First glimpse of version 4.50
Author: Message:
JP-

RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
Makes me want to be a Beta Tester =(
Looks sweet, especially the "Clean up"
10-30-2007 04:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
If you wanna talk to people direct from there with the send message buttom maybe would be very useful to know their status... don't you think???
It would be silly to be implemented because the window doen't continuously update and the status of your contact can easily change while you are looking at the information.

maybe a refresh button will solve it... look at the contact info card in the patchou's screenshot ;)!!!

markee mentioned a very logical thing here, the window doesn't update itself normally. And I personally didn't like warmth's solution. Because when I see a refresh button there, I would think it will update the last situation about contacts, I mean I would think it will change for instance "Has You" part, "Yes to No" or "No to Yes",  because that window's main purpose is Cleaning contact list, not starting conversation with people and we already use Contact List for that purpose.

And as previously said in this thread, Mesenger Plus! doesn't update that Has You part unless user signs out and resigns in.
10-30-2007 07:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

Beta for my tummy.
10-30-2007 08:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
I hope Patchou listen to me and bring the option of show the status of your contacts in the cleaner windows... :(... (that was the only dissapointing thing I saw in the screenshot)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=77...d=856013#pid856013

Tbh, i still don't get the point of having the contacts status displayed in the contact cleaner window :S

~Salem(@)

If you wanna talk to people direct from there with the send message buttom maybe would be very useful to know their status... don't you think???

I honestly don't think so, i mean if you're using the Contacts Cleaner you are wanting to remove people from you contact list, not chat to them. Although that's my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by markee
It would be silly to be implemented because the window doen't continuously update and the status of your contact can easily change while you are looking at the information.

Yes, true. I haven't thought about that

~Salem(@)

This post was edited on 10-30-2007 at 08:18 AM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
10-30-2007 08:13 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns I would think it will update the last situation about contacts, I mean I would think it will change for instance "Has You" part, "Yes to No" or "No to Yes",  because that window's main purpose is Cleaning contact list, not starting conversation with people and we already use Contact List for that purpose.
Maybe you right... can confuse people but Patchou, as he did with "Has You", can put a note to make the people understand what is the real meaning of the Refresh button...

quote:
Originally posted by SalemI honestly don't think so, i mean if you're using the Contacts Cleaner you are wanting to remove people from you contact list, not chat to them. Although that's my opinion.
I understand your point... but maybe cleaning your list you found a person you haven't talked in awhile and wanna start a conversation with... you need to know his/her status or not???

I can think LOTS of situations where you can use this info displayed there... but as you said is your opion and I respect it... but nobody is equal... and now you don't find it useful but maybe sometime you will... :$

This post was edited on 10-30-2007 at 06:07 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
10-30-2007 06:04 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Well you could always implement the things Warmth is talking about in an "advanced tab" sort of thing. Whoever wants to use it can and whoever doesn't want to be bothered won't see the options.

My take is that anything that makes an action like "opening a chat window with someone from your cleanup list" easier by implementing shortcuts, buttons or links is worth it. There's always someone somewhere that will absolutely love the function.

Great screenshot Patchou. Love the new stuff and good luck coding everything you planned on.

Have fun!
[Image: signature-user=31&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
10-30-2007 07:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
I can think LOTS of situations where you can use this info displayed there

So name some...

If you found them and wanted to talk to them, find them on your contact list, which is why it is there. The Contact cleanup window is there to review who you have or have not spoken to recently.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-30-2007 07:29 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
I can think LOTS of situations where you can use this info displayed there

So name some...

If you found them and wanted to talk to them, find them on your contact list, which is why it is there. The Contact cleanup window is there to review who you have or have not spoken to recently.

You enter to the contact cleanup window and find:

1.  a good friend of you... you haven't talked in awhile... you wanna talk to him/her now... and you need to know if he is online/busy/etc...

2. a good friend of you have removed from his/her contact list... and you wanna talk to him/her to know why... (maybe was a mistake, an error or he/she lost his/her contact list) and you need to know if he is online/busy/etc...

3. a friend/partner you removed from your contac list for any reason (either intentionally or by an error), and you wanna talk to him... and you need to know if he is online/busy/etc... [THIS IS WITH THE NEW FEATURE PATCHOU ANNOUNCED IN THE SCREENSHOTS]

4. that you just wanna know a contact status without open the contact list again (thinking you closed it after open the cleanup list)...

5. that as equal you know in the cleanup list who you blocked... you wanna know wich is the status of all your contacts...

etc...

think about this... why is a "Send Message" button??? the reason is obvious... to send a message direct without having to go to the contact list... so how you can send a message to someone you don't know its status...

This post was edited on 10-30-2007 at 08:38 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
10-30-2007 08:27 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
ALL of those only require minimal effort of looking at the contact list. It is unlikely you would close it after opening the contact cleanup window. I just think it would be pointless. There is no situation that you cannot just quickly glance at the CL and get the status of a contact.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-30-2007 08:36 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
just get the email address... open the contact list... tpye some of the email into the search bar... WTF FOUND THE CONTACT!?!?!?!?!

ffs... your idea just isnt going to be liked dude...

Contact List = look at contacts status/chat/sort/ect
Contact List Clean Up = delete contacts in a mass way with ease

=\
10-30-2007 08:46 PM
Pages: (23): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: