What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Viewing a contacts webcam without permission

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Viewing a contacts webcam without permission
Author: Message:
yoinkster

– / Male / Flag
RE: Viewing a contacts webcam without permission
it's not free?! well my interest fires have just been p!ssed on!!
I'm all for playing with a new toy but I don't plan to pay for something I'm not actually going to use :P
04-11-2010 10:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
upload the installer crissy
04-11-2010 10:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spazy

yeah upload the program for us to try ;)

This post was edited on 04-11-2010 at 11:54 PM by Spazy.
04-11-2010 11:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Until someone else confirms, I don't believe that this works.

In order for something like that to work you need something to be installed on the victim's PC, AFAIK.

This, for now, simply smells like another money making scam and what-not... (like their are so many "I can hack any hotmail account, pay me and I'll give you the password" scams, etc).

eg: you pay and download the tool and install it. Now the tool has access to your PC, WLM account and, of course, your password. It gives an error and doesn't seem to work..... Someone, for example that dude on that video, can now access your webcam because you are now running a process in the background which let him 'hack' your webcam.

Note that there are tons of such so called "wlm webcam hacks" on the net if you research a bit around, I have yet to see one which is actually NOT a virus/trojan.

-----------

EDIT1: found some more info about this particular program and it now smells even more like a virus/trojan/fake/scam if you ask me... (that is: if the program is the same as the one listed by Chrissy)
EDIT2: made in VB apparently according to some dodgy video made by someone trying to prove it is a scam (his points don't prove anything though).

This post was edited on 08-30-2010 at 10:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-12-2010 01:32 AM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
It's fake, especially funny because the creator made several youtube accounts (One being "TheBlasphener") and I'm sure he monitors the comments on the vid.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
04-12-2010 04:02 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I asked for this yesterday so I could install it in a VM. Problem is, the youtube video looks like a fake. It's so easy to say to a few contacts "record yourselves for about a minute and send it to me, I'll pay you".

The comments I saw though suggest it works, although I can't imagine how it would. The only possible way would be to just start sending all the information from the webcam across the WLM servers to you without you seeing it.

Sounds more like a client/server things as Cookie has already suggested.

@Chrissy: Just post the installer; until it's confirmed we can't stop people using it.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-12-2010 08:59 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.webcamhackerlive.com/disclaimer.php
Webcamhackerlive.com, webcamhacker.nl, webcamhackerlive.com/de/ and webcamhackerlive.com/fr/ aren't responsible for any damage you bring to people.

Webcamhackerlive.com, webcamhacker.nl, webcamhackerlive.com/de/ and webcamhackerlive.com/fr/ tools are for educational purposes.

Webcamhackerlive.com, webcamhacker.nl, webcamhackerlive.com/de/ and webcamhackerlive.com/fr/ don't return money when there are problems with the working of hacks.
The comments on his youtube video look fake too. It;s youtube, you would at least expect some negative comments or people asking if it is real.

It's compatible with Windows 2007 :p.

EDIT: Meh, 2.40 EUR in phone cost from a phone which has too much credits left anyway. I didn't try to run it yet, but if you do I suggest you use a VM. The chance of this actually doing what it says are next to 0%. The chance of getting your login details stolen is probably a lot higher than that.

Don't run this except for testing experimenting in a VM which doesn't have Messenger logins or other details stored you care about: hxxp://rnd.menthix.net/.whl/Webcam%2520Hacker%2520Live.zip

Remember, supposed hacks like these have been floating around for years in several forms. None of them ever worked.

This post was edited on 04-12-2010 at 05:38 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-12-2010 09:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Error loading contact list? :P
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes, 38 seconds ago
04-12-2010 11:07 AM
Spazy

RE: RE: Viewing a contacts webcam without permission
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.webcamhackerlive.com/disclaimer.php
Webcamhackerlive.com, webcamhacker.nl, webcamhackerlive.com/de/ and webcamhackerlive.com/fr/ aren't responsible for any damage you bring to people.

Webcamhackerlive.com, webcamhacker.nl, webcamhackerlive.com/de/ and webcamhackerlive.com/fr/ tools are for educational purposes.

Webcamhackerlive.com, webcamhacker.nl, webcamhackerlive.com/de/ and webcamhackerlive.com/fr/ don't return money when there are problems with the working of hacks.
The comments on his youtube video look fake too. It;s youtube, you would at least expect some negative comments or people asking if it is real.

It's compatible with Windows 2007 :p.

EDIT: Meh, 2.40 EUR in phone cost from a phone which has too much credits left anyway. I didn't try to run it yet, but if you do I suggest you use a VM. The chance of this actually doing what it says are next to 0%. The chance of getting your login details stolen is probably a lot higher than that.

http://rnd.menthix.net/.whl/Webcam%2520Hacker%2520Live.zip

Remember, supposed hacks like these have been floating around for years in several forms. None of them ever worked.

i am really tempted to try this. but i already burned myself a couple of weeks ago, trying the leak WLM 2010...
I know this is bullshit, and will do some crap to the pc or msn. but ahh i want to know if it really works.. i really hope it doesnt though...
04-12-2010 12:56 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spazy
i am really tempted to try this. but i already burned myself a couple of weeks ago, trying the leak WLM 2010...
I know this is bullshit, and will do some crap to the pc or msn. but ahh i want to know if it really works.. i really hope it doesnt though...
Those who did try is so far go no result, only messages like:
"Error loading contact list"
"Online contacts: 0"
"Webcams available: 0"
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-12-2010 02:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version