What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contacts not coming online

Contacts not coming online
Author: Message:
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contacts not coming online
I recently changed the email of my live account (since I changed domains) and I waited for over an hour before signing back into WLM (they suggest you wait this long).

However when I signed in, no one was online at all, even though just an hour before hand before I changed emails, I had alot of people online. This isnt that unusual since sometimes you have to wait until they sign out then back in before they appear online.

But its been almost a week now and 75% of my contacts still havent come online, even though I know for a fact that they have been on WLM. I tried deleting all my contacts then re-importing them, but that hasnt seemed to help much. The majority still seem to be offline.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I tried looking on the help website but I've already tried all their solutions and it hasnt helped.

Thanks!

EDIT: Interestingly, when I sign into Windows Live I can see their PSM updates, which suggests I am connected to them, but they are not appearing online to me :S

This post was edited on 09-10-2010 at 08:34 AM by Th3rmal.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
09-10-2010 08:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
RE: Contacts not coming online
Since you got a new email address, don't they have to accept you onto their list first?
09-10-2010 08:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
Since you got a new email address, don't they have to accept you onto their list first?
It sounds like Th3rmal used https://account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx. In that case his contacts wouldn't have to accept anything, the emailaddress in their contact lists should just change automatically.

But this process has always been buggy. I used it myself too and it was anything but a smooth transition. But in the end everything got fixed. I'd recommend waiting much longer than an hour. Preferably don't do anything (including using web services) with the account for over 24 hours once you initiated the change.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-10-2010 09:06 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts not coming online
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
But this process has always been buggy. I used it myself too and it was anything but a smooth transition. But in the end everything got fixed. I'd recommend waiting much longer than an hour. Preferably don't do anything (including using web services) with the account for over 24 hours once you initiated the change.
Like I said its been about a week now and the problem still persists :/
I've tried this before (on this same account in fact) and it worked alot faster than it is this time...
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
09-10-2010 11:00 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I'd try contacting MS about it: http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-10-2010 11:22 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: