What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Log problem

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Log problem
Author: Message:
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Log problem
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
These messages have to do with the online chat logging feature (preferences > Logs > Chat Logging). If you turn that off you won't get them anymore, however this tells me that there may be a problem with online chat logging that should be solved. I'll notify the developers.

Thanks for notifying :)

Yeah a BIG problem. I got the error and clicked no just to see what the logs were since I hadn't chatted in a while. Turns out the logs were of chats I had over 12 hours ago, and it happens CONSTANTLY!

I was asleep for 8 hours. I can't believe the logs couldn't have been uploaded during that time at the very least!

The new owners seem to have turned Messenger Plus from a quality product to a giant advertisement for love tests, chatting in 60+ languages, and other nonsense. With one or two interesting, but broken, features thrown in as an after thought. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Reverting back to Plus4. No way are you going to use your broken software to display your ads at me. Might upgrade again if Yuna Soft or what ever the company's name is gets their act together or at least removes the advertisements.

This post was edited on 04-06-2011 at 05:58 PM by Dex Luther.
04-06-2011 05:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Log problem
quote:
Originally posted by Dex Luther
Reverting back to Plus4. No way are you going to use your broken software to display your ads at me. Might upgrade again if Yuna Soft or what ever the company's name is gets their act together or at least removes the advertisements.
Ermm... you may have a point about the features not working properly etc., but not about the advertisements and sponsor related stuff. Absolutely nothing in Plus! 5 is different compared to Plus! 4 regarding that. In fact, the used sponsors are even less intrusive than the ones used before.

This post was edited on 04-06-2011 at 10:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-06-2011 10:40 PM
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Ermm... you may have a point about the features not working properly etc., but not about the advertisements and sponsor related stuff. Absolutely nothing in Plus! 5 is different compared to Plus! 4 regarding that. In fact, the used sponsors are even less intrusive than the ones used before.

Yuna Soft. takes control, there's an update, and suddenly there's buttons filling almost all the empty space in button bars in the chat windows. In exchange we get a few new half broken features.

Never once have I seen buttons created by Plus for Love Tests, Winning an Ipad2, Chatting in 60+ Languages, and more before now. The sponsor has always been, and still is, optional, but those buttons are not.

Unfortunately, old versions of plus were never put on Filehippo or other such sites, and I can't find a pre-Yuna version. I guess I'll just go without Plus for a while. No big loss. Had I known though I never would have accepted the update.

EDIT: Finally found a download for version 4.8.

This post was edited on 04-06-2011 at 11:25 PM by Dex Luther.
04-06-2011 11:03 PM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:

Unfortunately, old versions of plus were never put on Filehippo or other such sites, and I can't find a pre-Yuna version.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/MsgDetailDownload

Does this not contain what you meant?
04-06-2011 11:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Never once have I seen buttons created by Plus for Love Tests, Winning an Ipad2, Chatting in 60+ Languages, and more before now. The sponsor has always been, and still is, optional, but those buttons are not.

those buttons were also present in Plus! 4.
And those buttons are, just as in Plus!4, also still optional:
Plus > Preferences & Options > Appearance > Messenger > Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus!
04-06-2011 11:25 PM
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:

Unfortunately, old versions of plus were never put on Filehippo or other such sites, and I can't find a pre-Yuna version.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/MsgDetailDownload

Does this not contain what you meant?

Tried that, and get an error when trying to install. I see that Yuna's name is on that one, so I imagine the same ad buttons will be present anyways.

I finally found a download for version 4.8. I can finally not have buttons for love tests and chats cluttering up the interface, and use skins again without it messing up my emoticons.

I might update again once they fix the online logging feature. It's the only new feature that interested me enough to live with the new clutter.

This post was edited on 04-06-2011 at 11:34 PM by Dex Luther.
04-06-2011 11:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I finally found a download for version 4.8. I can finally not have buttons for love tests and chats cluttering up the interface, and use skins again without it messing up my emoticons.
Please read my previous post:

quote:
quote:

Those buttons were also present in Plus! 4.
And those buttons in Plus! 5 are, just as in Plus! 4, also still optional:
Plus > Preferences & Options > Appearance > Messenger > Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus!

PS: There is also no difference between Plus! 4 signed by Yuna, which you can still download from the official site, and the last Plus! 4 signed by Patchou. Only the signature is different...

This post was edited on 04-07-2011 at 12:06 AM by CookieRevised.
04-06-2011 11:30 PM
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Please read my previous post.

Like I said in my previous post, I've never once seen them. I've never even seen the option you speak of either.

I'm looking through the preferences for Plus 4.8 right now, and don't see that option anywhere. If it's there, it's well hidden and off by default. I don't remember seeing it in Plus 5 either, so it must have also been well hidden and on by default.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Whether the option is there or not, the buttons aren't, and I have a proper working version of Plus. Case closed.

I might give it another try when they fix the problems.

quote:

And also, there is no difference between Plus! 4 signed by Yuna

Except for the fact that the version signed by Yuna I couldn't install, for some unknown reason. It kept giving me an error to try again later.

The version signed by Patchou installed right away with zero problems.

And I have WLM the lastest version of WLM for XP, so something other than just a few 2011 fixes must be different.

This post was edited on 04-06-2011 at 11:54 PM by Dex Luther.
04-06-2011 11:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
<sarcastic>
yeah, they especially hid that option for you in the Plus 5 version you've downloaded.... :rolleyes:
</sarcastic>

This post was edited on 04-07-2011 at 12:07 AM by CookieRevised.
04-06-2011 11:51 PM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
I don't remember seeing it in Plus 5 either, so it must have also been well hidden and on by default.

[Image: msnplus520sponsors.jpg]

This option isn't there?
04-06-2011 11:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: