What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Plus 5.10 makes my msn get 50% of CPU Usage

Plus 5.10 makes my msn get 50% of CPU Usage
Author: Message:
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus 5.10 makes my msn get 50% of CPU Usage
Messenger Plus Version 5.10.0.746
Windows Live Messenger 2009
Windows 7 Service Pack 1

The installation all went fine, but when I ran WLM 2009 after it I first noticed it took longer than before for my contacts to appear in the contacts list. Then I noticed that WLM did freeze for a few seconds now and then, I went to the Task Manager and noticed that whenever I did scrolled down a bit the contact list, the process of the msn reached 50% of CPU usage and froze for a bit even showing the not responding line on the window title bar.

Now with plus 5.02 I could scroll down the contact list and the CPU usage for msn didn't wen't beyond 20%. You know that because a good number of my contacts have plus installed so it is a lot of personalizations in the nickname colors plus the avatars and one to another dynamic avatar but msn never stopped responding, it ran smoothly.

Another thing I noticed is that I can't have two colors on my msn display name anymore with version 5.10

I have my msn like this

code:
[color=12]PC[/c] [color=4]Doctor[/c]

That gives a result like this till version 5.02 (it was the one I had before installing the new one)

PC Doctor

But with version 5.10 what I get is this:

PC Doctor

It mixes the colors to form a new one instead of each word having a different color.

It also crashed the whole msn (the searching for solutions window thing in Windows 7) when I tried to stop a plug-in. here is a detail of the crash taken from the reliability report:

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    msnmsgr.exe
Application Version:    14.0.8117.416
Application Timestamp:    4bc935af
Fault Module Name:    atipdlxx.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    4e31d5c2
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    100078e8
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:    2058
Additional Information 1:    0f31
Additional Information 2:    0f3137665bbf0bb676c8a16f3fa76e52
Additional Information 3:    9615
Additional Information 4:    96155a3e80ad282a21dd9259e503cf35

Apparently the fault module was the Ati Desktop (I have an Ati Radeon Videocard) but it never happened before, nor with msn nor with any other program and the drivers are up to date. I guess it was due to the unestability of msn not responding for a few seconds.

I really don't know what could be the problem, but it never happened to me before.

Hope you can take a look at it to see what's going on. Thanks in advance

This post was edited on 09-14-2011 at 02:58 AM by dbgarza.
09-14-2011 02:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
totonf
Former Yuna Software

RE: Plus 5.10 makes my msn get 50% of CPU Usage
Thank you for reporting this to us.

Please contact us at Support@kimahrisoftware.com. We will be happy to diagnose this issue with you. 
09-14-2011 01:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: