What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 15.4.3555

Windows Live Messenger 15.4.3555
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Windows Live Messenger 15.4.3555
A new release has appeared but I can't find a change log, anyone?
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
03-22-2012 06:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 15.4.3555
There is no change log. But from what I heard all are under the hood updates for issues that had been identified.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-22-2012 06:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
si3rra

i'm with stupid -->

41 / Male / Flag
Just for information, i guess there will be posts about it as a Messenger Plus! bug.
If you use a-patch realesed today on the lastest 3555 version the Plus! and scripts button will be removed from the top bar (next to inbox / add contact / switch to full mode).
It have been reported to the a-patch creator on facebook i have seen so i guess it will be fixed. Guess that its not Plus! related.

https://www.facebook.com/apatch.me

This post was edited on 03-23-2012 at 07:00 PM by si3rra.
03-23-2012 06:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger 15.4.3555
Seems like a lot of new filters have been included... today somebody noticed some links being dismissed!

@pcpro: Windows Live Messenger blocking links to The Pirate Bay http://t.co/1Kr2m2qW (Messenger shoots the pirates)
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
03-26-2012 03:08 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Seems like a lot of new filters have been included... today somebody noticed some links being dismissed!
Aren't those filters are server-side? I recall some well known domain being blocked before (thought it was tinyurl) and they didn't need a new version for that.

Would be interesting to hear what Microsoft has to say about the Pirate Bay block though. Sure, TPB is controversial, but is it Microsoft's job to filter controversial sites? The URL filter was once added to block malware/virus from spreading through WLM. I don't see enough people voluntarily downloading a torrent from TPB to make it an effective malware/virus source. Perhaps one of the ads served on TPB contained malware and their scanners picked it up.

This post was edited on 03-26-2012 at 05:25 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-26-2012 05:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Would be interesting to hear what they have to say about the Pirate Bay block though.

quote:
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-admits-to-bl...links-on-messenger

The statement, from an unnamed Microsoft spokesperson, says that Windows Live Messenger has been able to block some links from being accessed in its messages for some time and that URLs linking to the Pirate Bay web site have been identified as containing spam or other online threats by the company. Below is the official statement from Microsoft in full:

quote:
Windows Live Messenger is set up to help ensure customers receive IMs only from people whose IMs are welcome and has long had the capability to block certain content from being transmitted in an effort to protect our customers. Before anyone can send customers an IM, those customers must first agree to add the sender to their Contact list; this helps protect customers from unwanted IMs from strangers and from annoyances such as spam and spim (spam via IM).

In addition, we use SmartScreen technology to protect our customers from malicious and unwanted content including phishing, malware and spam. We block instant messages if they contain malicious or spam URLs based on intelligence algorithms, third-party sources, and/or user complaints. Pirate Bay URLs were flagged by one or more of these and were consequently blocked.

03-26-2012 05:25 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: