What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Recorded video desynced with sound

Recorded video desynced with sound
Author: Message:
Lord Justice

O.P. Recorded video desynced with sound
Hello,

I recently tried using the video recording feature for Skype, recording about an hour and 41 minutes of video from a call. Everything went fine, but when I attempted to play the recording back, I find it's audio is desynced from the video about 2 minutes in, and gets gradually worse. I may have been overloading my computer at the time, I'm not sure.

My CPU usage around that time was around 20%, with RAM usage around 70%. I'm running an Intel Core i5 (Arrandale)  M480 at 2.67 GHz CPU, with 4 Gigabytes of RAM on Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit. My graphics is an Intel HD Graphics Chipset, and I have no dedicated soundcard, just whatever goes into a normal laptop.

Is there a way to fix this? What should I be aiming for regarding CPU and RAM usage when encoding the video? I assume the problem is there, when encoding.

Thanks for any help.
03-23-2012 05:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
garson

– / Male / Flag
RE: Recorded video desynced with sound
This post is dated back to March 2012 and I don't see any responses so far. I am having the same problem. I download VLC player with keyboard feature enabling delaying audio, but I just need to figure out what's wrong with audio not being synchronized with recorded video.:@

05-09-2012 12:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mich999
Former Yuna Software

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. We want to test with you, an experimental fix of this issue since you are able to reproduce it on your computer.

Please contact us by sending an email to support@kimahrisoftware.com. Then, we'll send you the instructions to download and test this experimental fix.

Regards
Sabri B.
Kimahri Software
05-22-2012 08:52 PM
garson

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Recorded video desynced with sound
quote:
Originally posted by mich999
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. We want to test with you, an experimental fix of this issue since you are able to reproduce it on your computer.

Please contact us by sending an email to support@kimahrisoftware.com. Then, we'll send you the instructions to download and test this experimental fix.

Regards

I send an e-mail hours ago.

G.
06-10-2012 03:27 AM
garson

– / Male / Flag
Huh?  RE: Recorded video desynced with sound
Ok, the new update has come out for a while now, but I still have problem with audio-video synchronizaiton. :o  Just like the first post, desynchronization gets worse as the video playback progress.

So far, I have to work with an editing tool, but if I have to work on 30 minute video, it would be lots of work.

Any idea how I can fix this easily?

10-28-2012 05:16 PM
chiven

I also have this problem. Very strange.

I have video/audio sync problems on two different PC's in both cases I've tried uninstall and reinstall both SKYPE and Messenger + but still the video and audio fall out of sync.  Both PC's are running Win7 64.
11-27-2012 02:27 PM
tesnis

I have the same problem!
I don't know the solution...but the problem is video is 15 FPS (frames x second) not 25 FPS...
09-11-2013 08:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: