What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Virtual Camera cannot be installed

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Virtual Camera cannot be installed
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Virtual Camera cannot be installed
I think the real question here is what the heck is this "Virtual Camera", what is the purpose of it if you can't do a thing with it. Why does it need to be installed?

If it is just a driver to make recording work or to make effects work, then I suggest to rename it as such to avoid confusion. Moreover, if so, why is there even a choice to install it or not? It all makes little sense.

Because as we both have indicated, there are plenty of "virtual camera's" which create video streams from video files, desktop, etc and show that instead of a real physical webcam stream.

As such, I also do believe that it is very normal to think that this "Plus! Virtual Camera" (which is by the way not named consistently the same throughout Plus!Skype.... if you wanna start talking about quality of translations) is not installed properly or working properly.

This post was edited on 03-29-2012 at 10:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2012 10:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Virtual Camera cannot be installed
I plugged in a real webcam and everything works now.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
As such, I also do believe that it is very normal to think that this "Plus! Virtual Camera" (which is by the way not named consistently the same throughout Plus!Skype.... if you wanna start talking about quality of translations) is not installed properly or working properly.
+1

Also as CookieRevised pointed it would be better if its name was Webcam Enhancer/Effector etc. and the best of all installing its driver silently since it is a main component of the program, not an optional thing.
03-30-2012 07:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: