What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Help with my computer?

Help with my computer?
Author: Message:
nick123212

O.P. Help with my computer?
Basically, I have a HP IQ770 desktop which I am wanting to restore to factory settings and don't really know how, the one answer I found was telling me to press F11 when booting up my PC, however I try and it does nothing? Please can someone help, thanks.

This post was edited on 12-28-2012 at 01:07 AM by nick123212.
12-26-2012 12:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nick123212

O.P. RE: Help with my computer?
?
01-09-2013 01:33 AM
tabbtabb

29 / Female / Flag
RE: Help with my computer?
quote:
Originally posted by nick123212
Basically, I have a HP IQ770 desktop which I am wanting to restore to factory settings and don't really know how, the one answer I found was telling me to press F11 when booting up my PC, however I try and it does nothing? Please can someone help, thanks.

Hello Nick. I am glad to try to help solve your problem.
The easiest way to factory restore on HP (if you do not understand most boots) is to use their integrated Recovery Manager. On most HP machines now they have a program to factory restore from the windows user side so that is more 'user friendly'. To access this go to your Start Menu and select 'All programs' then 'PC Help and Tools' Which should show you 'Recovery Manager' select that and a program will start up. Just follow that programs steps to the way you would like and you'll be factory restored in no time!

If you cannot do this for any reason don't worry you can still do it the way you are trying!
Not all computers have the same 'Bootup screen options'
Meaning not all computers use F11 to access the area you are trying to.
I've found in my experience HP uses F8 instead of F11.
There it should bring up the menu you are searching for. Also be aware that you will lose all data on your computer when factory restoring if you do not backup your most important files.

If you have anymore questions feel free to reply or PM me. Auf Wiedersehen! ( Farewell! )
Do~Do~Do~
01-14-2013 05:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: