What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unable to delete duplicate contacts

Unable to delete duplicate contacts
Author: Message:
mikewazowski

O.P. RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts
UPDATE: Well something's happened !!

I followed your instructions word for word Voldemort. The only problem I had was when it came to deleting the 'Windows Live Contacts' folder - it wouldn't allow me to delete it as it kept erroring with "folder is not empty". It wouldn't even let me into the folder to check what was in there - when I tried it froze and eventually came up with "C: is not formatted, would you like to format it now?" to which I obviously responded NO. I did try in safe mode too but had the same issue. So I left that one. All the others deleted fine.

When I then reinstalled Windows Live it magically got rid of all the duplicates. I had also manually deleted the seperate groups I had before uninstalling Messenger too so they were all listed under one category. I was able to recreate my groups and start sorting my contacts out again one by one. There was a couple of issues to start with - with contacts removing themselves from the groups I had added them to and plonking themselves back in the generic group but after a reattempt it seemed fine.

Have exited and relaunched Messenger a few times now and the contacts seem to have stayed in their designated groups and no duplicates have come back to haunt me so all is good at the moment.

Thank you ever so much for all your time and help, it has been duly noted and is very much appreciated. Thanks again.
02-27-2007 04:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-26-2007 at 08:20 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Vilkku on 02-26-2007 at 08:47 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-26-2007 at 09:02 PM
RE: RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Vilkku on 02-26-2007 at 09:09 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Voldemort on 02-26-2007 at 09:30 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-26-2007 at 11:12 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Voldemort on 02-27-2007 at 01:35 AM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-27-2007 at 04:35 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-27-2007 at 06:10 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: