What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » How to close a chat window with tabs and activated previously active window?

How to close a chat window with tabs and activated previously active window?
Author: Message:
V@no

sexy

O.P. How to close a chat window with tabs and activated previously active window?
Hello!

Here is my situation:
I'm using tabbed chat windows and desktop contacts (these floating names).
When I drag and drop text to a specific desktop contact (contact1) and text matches specific criteria (link to a known website), it automatically closes the window.
So far it works fine, but, if I had a chat window opened with different person (contact2) and that window was on background/minimized, then after my script closes the chat window with contact1 it leaves chat window with contact2 in focus/active.

My question is, how to make sending messages on background without interfering with currently active windows/programs?

I guess a work around for this would be:
1) send message without opening any chat window (somehow I don't believe it's even possible)
2) before opening chat window record which window/program was active, then after message sent and chat window closed, activate that program/window.

Either way I don't know how to do it...

Can someone help?

Thank you.
11-01-2009 12:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to close a chat window with tabs and activated previously active window? - by V@no on 11-01-2009 at 12:10 AM
RE: How to close a chat window with tabs and activated previously active window? - by CookieRevised on 11-01-2009 at 02:14 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: