What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed

Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed
Author: Message:
Sierra117

O.P. RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed
Hey CookieRevised, thanks for that insight, I really wanted to know what was responsible for the different search boxes because my registry adventures didn't help much.

I never saw the change in XP to the search box after upgrading Plus!, hence why I said it only happens on Win7. I didn't mean to generalise, but maybe I was a tad ambiguous.

The reason why I prefer the old one, is because:

1) Instant searching removes the context and jumps down. Sometimes I'm looking at text in front within the chat and keying in words into the search box.

2) A large chat log (i.e. lots of talk recorded in the same session or there are several messages recorded) means that search becomes VERY slow. Often it stops accepting letters till it finds ALL the matches of the already-entered letters.

And of course, being familiar with searching algorithms, I do prefer that the processor does not waste time searching for things I don't want it to.

I really want the older one back. I didn't know that it is, as you say, probably related to the MSIE version/oleac.dll, so I appreciate that a lot. Where exactly is this file located? It would save me some time if you already know. Also, if you do know where I can get the older one from (I will obviously search myself right now) then that would be a huge help too. I hope you are right about it being related to this file.

Also, if I may ask, how did you come to notice that it is this file?

Thank you!
03-20-2012 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-20-2012 at 01:46 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Mnjul on 03-20-2012 at 01:55 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-20-2012 at 05:35 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by CookieRevised on 03-20-2012 at 06:12 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-20-2012 at 06:23 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by CookieRevised on 03-20-2012 at 06:32 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-20-2012 at 06:42 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by CookieRevised on 03-20-2012 at 07:07 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-20-2012 at 10:16 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-21-2012 at 07:00 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by CookieRevised on 03-21-2012 at 09:15 PM
RE: Find Dialogue Box in Log Viewer Changed - by Sierra117 on 03-21-2012 at 09:49 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: