What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Skype » Skype Plus! Help » Confused and angry

Confused and angry
Author: Message:
Average

O.P. Confused and angry
I've tried going through the forums here, and I am confused on what is what with this change.

To say that I am pissed with Microsoft for dropping Messenger, would be a huge understatement.

I HATE SKYPE with a passion. The interface sucks, the layout sucks, the bloat factor sucks, and from what I can gather, porting multiple MSN accounts over also sucks.

I like Messenger. It has a small interface, my desktop is not cluttered, I don't have to open this HUGE front end display just to talk with someone. So, I am curious with the "Plus" side of the Skype.

Do I *have* to install Skype to use this? Can I keep conversations if the same aspect as what Messenger does (aka small chat popup type form and not the full Skype screen crap)? How do I manage multiple accounts... do I need to load 5 instances of Skype?

Sorry, I am not mad at what you folks do. I just want something simple and easy and small. And unless MS has changed Skype around since I last saw it, its just a piece of shit.
02-02-2013 08:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Confused and angry
quote:
Originally posted by Average
Do I *have* to install Skype to use this?
Yes.
Messenger Plus! is not a standalone chat program.
It is an addon/plugin for Windows Live Messenger and now for Skype.
(although the Skype portion lacks a big amount of features)

quote:
Can I keep conversations if the same aspect as what Messenger does (aka small chat popup type form and not the full Skype screen crap)?
Depends slightly on a few UI settings. But normally, yes,  the whole Skype interface needs to be opened (it doesn't need to be full screen though, you can resize the windows). See screenshots, FAQs, etc of Skype, or Google "Skype chat window".
eg: http://www.google.be/search?q=skype+chat+window&tbm=isch
(there is or was a feature in Skype to have a small chat window, but it has some annoying issues)

quote:
How do I manage multiple accounts... do I need to load 5 instances of Skype?
Yes.
But it does not let you do this out-of-the-box. You need to add the parameter /secondary on the command line if I'm not mistaken.
Again see FAQs, Skype support website, and Google "skype multiple instances", etc
Lots of info there.
eg: http://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa829/how-can-i-r...-the-same-computer

This post was edited on 02-04-2013 at 03:34 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-04-2013 03:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Average

O.P. RE: Confused and angry
sigh... well, thanks for taking the time to respond. I know this isn't your fault.. They say don't shoot the messenger but at times like this someone at MircoSnot sure needs to wake up. Sick and tired of them breaking things that are not broken, and destroying things that work.
02-07-2013 11:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: