What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » New Installer for Messenger Plus!

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
New Installer for Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: New Installer for Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Frankenstein
Sure, I could just check the homepage or default search option, then revert it manually after the install
Don't worry, there's a helper app to force these down your throat in the event you do decide to change them.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-14-2013 09:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
olivex

云

Can those adwares be uninstalled completely?
03-14-2013 11:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by olivex
Can those adwares be uninstalled completely?
Not without removing Plus itself, nope
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-14-2013 11:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
slay

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: New Installer for Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Frankenstein
I've been a user of Messenger Plus! since 2002.
Now, if installing it without adware is no longer an option, well, installing it is no longer an option for me altogether.
Until that is fixed (and if it ever happens,) I'm out. (N)

True words.

I also have been using Messenger Plus! for years and looks like this era ends here and now.

I will no more disable my antivirus and install new messenger plus! software.
03-15-2013 12:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
uchihas

Well, great. I am not installing this new version, if someday they block the old one, good bye MSG Plus, as I am using just for chat logs to be easier reading.
03-15-2013 08:02 PM
viksra

Hello,

I registered on this site to complain about this garbage you guys are forcing us to install, the "Messenger Plus! Community Smartbar."

I've been using your software since you had MSN Plus! all the way back from around 2002/2003. I absolutely REFUSE to install this trash you're now forcing on us, and will no longer recommend to people that they use this service if you continue forcing us to install unwanted garbage.

You should be ashamed that you are trying to force a community of people who use your product into installing this trash.

Keywords to help search engines index this trash so everyone knows to avoid it:
Useless software, garbage, worst application, msn spyware, skype spyware, skype malware, msn malware, windows live messenger trojan, adware, messenger plus adware, messenger plus smartbar scam
03-16-2013 02:53 AM
viksra

RE: RE: New Installer for Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by whiz
...so you can't actually install it without having to install the adware?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1022792]

Smart move.

Also, that link doesn't work.

That's just wrong :(

Messenger Plus team:

Even your own forum admin is saying it's just wrong.

Are you guys stupid or what? I really hope you either do one of the following:
1.) reverse your decision to force us to install this unwanted trash so I can continue to enjoy using the service I once loved
2.) face a fallout from users and burn to the ground out of existence, good riddance
03-16-2013 02:59 AM
stephenjudge

I used Messenger Plus for WLM for many years. I liked that it could log my chats, save them online and record me webcam. I was delighted when Messenger Plus for Skype came along, although I was waiting for the feature to save chats online.

Now this move to force me to install junkware is just a step too far. I understand that most software projects need funds to survive. But lets face it your product is not that wonderful or complex. Many open source projects with far more complex software survive on donations. If you thought you would make a viable business from this software, well that was just a bad business decision. People will easily abandon something when there are alternatives and people are fickle. You decision to force junkware onto your users will only destroy any sense of community and sentimental attachment people may have had for your software.

If anybody does not have the installer for their current installed version and doesn't want to upgrade. You can still download the Messenger Plus! (for Skype) 1.05.0.118 from Download.com http://download.cnet.com/Messenger-Plus-for-Skype...50_4-75703798.html choose the Direct Download link. In the event that Download.com upgrade their version to this new junkware version, I have uploaded the 1.05.0.118 installer here http://bayfiles.com/file/KtcD/WKPiPP/Setup-PlusForSkype-1.5.exe

If you want to ditch Messenger Plus! for good, depending on your needs there are alternatives, check out the Skype Apps directory to start with http://shop.skype.com/apps/

If I am satisfied with an alternative, I will just uninstall my current version and ditch Messenger Plus for good, even though I can just use an older version. This move just makes me uncomfortable and just leaves a soar taste in my mouth
03-17-2013 11:47 PM
elshagon

Been using this for many years along with all my friends and family.  We're all uninstalling it and moving to something else.  Mandatory adware is unacceptable.
03-18-2013 07:31 PM
venom_zx

like so many of you, i've also been using msgplus for years (since 2003). i mainly use it for the chat logging and it has some nice shortcuts.

you can't force adware on your users.

by the way, i just found the following on reddit at:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1acqc4/i_am...chou_developer_of/

(Cyril = Patchou as the link says)

quote:
[–]AdamDempsey 3 points 3 days ago

Hey Cyril :)

Were you looking to sell Plus! or did Yuna approach you?

Do you regret the sale or do you think you made the right choice (with the rise of social networking and now the closure of the Messenger service I think it was the perfect time)

Do you have any opinion on the recent changed that Yuna have made to force sponsor installs?

Thanks for helping in the sale of the Soundpack DB :)

quote:
[–]IAmPatchou[S] 5 points 3 days ago

Heya.

I was not really looking to sell anything but my business partners at the time wanted to move on, which made me realize I may want to do the same. As for forcing the sponsor on users' computers now, it is a bad move, anybody with a bit of common sense would know that.

In retrospect, it was indeed great timing to sell at that time. I do not regret anything: I was happy then doing what I did, I'm happy now doing other things. We got to keep our daily lives interesting, we only have one life to live.

looks like msgplus was sold off to Yuna.

i'm uninstalling it. i guess this is the end of the ride...
03-18-2013 09:08 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: