What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » New Installer for Messenger Plus!

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
New Installer for Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: New Installer for Messenger Plus!
small note to put in perspective:
quote:
Originally posted by venom_zx
looks like msgplus was sold off to Yuna
This is very old news actually.
Messenger Plus! and everything related to it was sold like three to four years ago. And many things (good and bad) have happened since. So, most people who frequent these forums, but also others, already know this since years.

The change from "made by Patchou" to "made by Yuna Software", in the software itself since 2009, is also a dead give away ;-) So, that on its own shouldn't be a reason to uninstall.

However, as for the (still continuous) screwups and recent pure commercially based decisions that Yuna made, well... this and other threads say enough I think.

This post was edited on 03-19-2013 at 07:25 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2013 10:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
olivex

云

RE: RE: New Installer for Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:
Originally posted by olivex
Can those adwares be uninstalled completely?
Not without removing Plus itself, nope
Well that's the end of story. I have been a loyal and faithful plus! user for about 10 years. I helped defend for plus! as someone complained she got adware when trying to install it (Because she carelessly kept those optional ticks), now I am astonished I cannot continue without the tick. I never heard of any software (I mean, real ones) that claims itself must be installed together with adware. As most of you might do, bye bye plus!.
03-18-2013 11:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
olivex

云

Can anyone suggest a chat logging software for Skype? The only feature I use Msgplus is chat logging. I don't like native chat logging because 1) it places the log in system folder and cannot be moved to othr places 2) It allows logging forever but can only review recent 3 months log? (?)
I tried Skyhistory but it seems not working. It crashed upon first run and the latest version was launched in 2011. So it must be dead already.
03-19-2013 09:34 AM
Hofc

So after using msgplus for more years then i care to remember, im leaving it since it decided to go forced adware on me. Wondered if anyone could tell me of alternatives that supported similar style logging, and perhaps an event viewer?

Thanks.

This post was edited on 03-20-2013 at 08:31 PM by Hofc.
03-20-2013 08:30 PM
MrMoustache

Well, so long, MsgPlus. You were great, but being forced to install something else just to use a program is not worth it. From what I've read, the installer is full of major bugs, including completely rewriting someone's internet settings. Thanks for all the past stuff, but I should not be forced to install crap just to use a program like this. Goodbye.
03-21-2013 05:38 AM
stephenjudge

RE: RE: New Installer for Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by olivex
Can anyone suggest a chat logging software for Skype? The only feature I use Msgplus is chat logging. I don't like native chat logging because 1) it places the log in system folder and cannot be moved to othr places 2) It allows logging forever but can only review recent 3 months log? (?)
I tried Skyhistory but it seems not working. It crashed upon first run and the latest version was launched in 2011. So it must be dead already.

See my post:
quote:
Originally posted by stephenjudge
...If anybody does not have the installer for their current installed version and doesn't want to upgrade. You can still download the Messenger Plus! (for Skype) 1.05.0.118 from Download.com http://download.cnet.com/Messenger-Plus-for-Skype...50_4-75703798.html choose the Direct Download link. In the event that Download.com upgrade their version to this new junkware version, I have uploaded the 1.05.0.118 installer here http://bayfiles.com/file/KtcD/WKPiPP/Setup-PlusForSkype-1.5.exe

If you want to ditch Messenger Plus! for good, depending on your needs there are alternatives, check out the Skype Apps directory to start with http://shop.skype.com/apps/ ...

Also I am using SkyHistory and it is working fine for me, but there are other chat loggers in the Skype Apps directory I mentioned above.
03-21-2013 08:03 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
FYI, the ad-ware components do not work at all under Windows XP, they do not get installed regardless of what checkboxes are selected.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-21-2013 11:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Raa

Well after many happy years and a few unhappy years of Msgplus!ing, i'm out.

Thanks for ruining a potentially great program. Cheers guys! (Y)
03-23-2013 11:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJVG

Hi guys,

I found a way to install the latest version without all the adware crap.

I think i cannot discuss it here, so send me a PM to know how to do it!

Regards,
DJVG

The hell with it: <removed>
Zip with all information included and a installer script.

Works on 7 x64, should work on other oses as well.

Have fun with it guys! (i did not modify any plus files!!)

.png File Attachment: foudnit.png (90.63 KB)
This file has been downloaded 303 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-24-2013 at 04:53 PM by DJVG.
03-24-2013 12:08 AM
venom_zx

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
small note to put in perspective:
quote:
Originally posted by venom_zx
looks like msgplus was sold off to Yuna
This is very old news actually.
Messenger Plus! and everything related to it was sold like three to four years ago. And many things (good and bad) have happened since. So, most people who frequent these forums, but also others, already know this since years.

The change from "made by Patchou" to "made by Yuna Software", in the software itself since 2009, is also a dead give away ;-) So, that on its own shouldn't be a reason to uninstall.

However, as for the (still continuous) screwups and recent pure commercially based decisions that Yuna made, well... this and other threads say enough I think.

i never assumed that because it said Yuna software, that the owner had changed.

but don't misunderstand... the reason i no longer use it is because of the forced adware. it's just telling, that after the owner has changed, that this is the result.
03-24-2013 11:14 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: