What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Suggestions needed!!

Pages: (18): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Suggestions needed!!
Author: Message:
Security

– / Male / –
Grin  RE: Suggestions needed!!
I got some Idea's.
Here in the Netherland we got DMSN messenger a program that runs completely over java..
Well It haves some great tools in it.

for example when I play in WINAMP I see in my name what number I am playing.  Realy like that one.
Well he steals tools from Plus! for example the sounds..

Well in a few days I post some things here!
05-30-2003 06:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by the_non_spam_fakedage
Make egg picture which open not only on ur com but everyone ur talking to

Won't be added.

LISTEN PEOPLE - Patchou won't add anything that intrudes on the other person's computer. I reckon the sounds was pushing it, and I also reckon he only added them because you could easily switch them off.

Think of all the modem users that still exist. Well, sending them a 1024x768 picture won't be the best way to make friends with them. I'm a modem user and I know how slow it is just opening those 19x19 emoticons on Messenger 6.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

05-30-2003 07:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Persephone

I'm in!

– / Female / –
Tongue  RE: Suggestions needed
quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1

Impossible. Sorry.

(Well, it's possible, but your contacts won't see them.)

If my contacts won't see my customized status line... it makes no sense, it's completely useless.

Oh well! Anyway! Let's vote then for easiest things:

* More sounds: we need to express more emotions, especially, different kinds of laughs. Ah, and they must be more accesible if possible (currently I'm using shortcuts to quickly play the kiss and the evil laugh, the ones I most use). Besides, the sounds should be customizable, and we should be able to add new ones.

* Apply colours and styles in a easier and quicker way... i.e. with buttons.

* Log viewer. The MSN 6 log viewer is a crap. I would prefer the txt file we have now. So, please, keep it or create a worthy log viewer.

* Looking at MSN 6: why don't display a different picture in each chat window if you like?? This way, not all my contacts will see the same picture.

* Thumb-up on the pop-ups for the events.

* Thumb-down on letting people know that you have blocked them. I don't want to be giving explanations to those who I temporally block, or block definitively.

And that's all for now. Can't wait till I have both MSN 6 and Messenger Plus! working together!!
I would also give anything for a kiss from Neo.
05-30-2003 08:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cherrybomb

RE: Suggestions needed!!
Sorry if this has already been asked, but my favourite feature of plus! is being able to change your nick colour.

If it was possible to see peoples nick colours in the main MSN messenger window as well as the conversation windows that would be really cool.
05-30-2003 08:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
amnesia

I'm Bouncah!

40 / – / –
Oxygen has created a great patch that does a few things that will undoubtedly be included within MSNPlus2.5
One of the features that we have is incorporating a new type of tab that  allows users to view a cusomized Oxygen/MSN website and give them latest news, updates, and downloads.

Basically, my suggestion is to include this tab within Plus as well.

I'de like to talk about this further. Please get in contact with me as soon as possible in order to discuss the proposition.

AmnesiA
================
[oxygen]... Just Breath
[Image: oxygen.gif]http://oxygen.official.ws
05-30-2003 09:01 PM
kasthor

9 Souls!

– / Male / –
billywoods1- thanks for your answer :D, i didn't read all the posts before, coz they are a lot, but it's good to know that one is going to be implemented, thanks

persephone - about the status of msn, i will explain you in a few words why can't be done, dunno if explained before

the msn protocol uses numbers for the status for example, online may be represented by 0 and away by 1 be right back by 2( numbers not accurate ),
then the msn protocol uses only the number to pass the status number but not the description of the status, changing this way to work will make it an uncompatible feature for msn, msn servers will reject this kind of feature
its kind of similar  when u install this weedmsn, and when u send a joint a normal-msn user will still see a kiss, because you are sending the code for the kiss not the kiss by itself, when you send a status you send the code of the status, not the status

hasta pronto

kasthor

05-30-2003 11:35 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Suggestions needed!!
thank you for all the suggestions.. I have enough to occupy myself until the end of the year now :). Thread closed!
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-31-2003 03:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (18): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: