What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 2.20 is here!

2 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 2.20 is here!
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  Messenger Plus! 2.20 is here!
Hello!

for once, I'm not releasing the new version after the promized date but BEFORE... I know I said friday but wednesday sounds more fun :). So here it is, the public beta version of Messenger Plus! 2.20... it is entirely compatible with Messenger 6, it has new features, new fun stuff, and now, the only thing that is missing is your approval. This beta version needs you and your friends to test it in all the environements possible (Windows, Messenger, ...). The more you test, the better it is. I plan to do the final release in ten days from now and I won't make it if you don't help me.

What's new? just go in the preferences and check by yourself! new personalised status options (like name tags), logging encryption, custom contact names, ... there's a lot so you won't be disapointed. Note however that features like the Custom Name have not been designed to be perfect, only helpful.

Every feature, old andnew, must be tested under Messenger 4, 5 and 6. If you find a bug, please follow this exact procedure:
  • Indicate your version of Windows
  • Indicate your version of Messenger
  • Indicate the exact time when the error occured
  • Try to write as much details as possible. about the problem. Also, the best thing to do it to provide a way to reproduce the bug. For example: "open a chat, send two emoticons, send a link, ...".
  • Zip and join the special debug file that can be found at "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt" (very important)
  • Send the information by email to mplus@patchou.com . Any bug report that is done properly is guaranteed to be read and considered. If you help to solve a bug, your name will be added in the about box of the program.
  • Please, DO NOT email any suggestion. Don't worry, I have enough ideas to do another 10 years of updates :)
Also, please note that the sponsor package has not been updated yet, which means that if you the old one caused you some problems, you must not install the one distributed with this beta. The new sponsor package will be included in future betas and, of course, in the final public version of Messenger Plus!.

If you are a developer and if you are interested in making plugins for Messenger Plus!, this is know possible. The documentation of the Messenger Plus! API can be found at http://www.msgplus.net/plugins.htm. I hope some plugins will be made during the beta period as this is a new feature too that must be tested :).

Link: http://download.msgplus.net/cached/PlusBeta2045.exe

Hope you'll enjoy! I'm now waiting to hear from you... tell me what you think of this new version! (the forum is here for that).
Patchou

Note from WDZ: All 279 replies to this thread were pruned. You can still read the full thread at the following address: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/archive/12108.html

This post was edited on 07-05-2003 at 07:47 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-02-2003 10:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: