What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

37 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
I mean >5 chars for if there are small words/keys that aren't translated, like "OK".

And yeah, it was just me surprised of all those green arrows... so well, not a bug. But still could be inproved comparing the keys ;).

In the Guidelines, btw, It's meant to rewrite from scratch, but using the original English file as pattern, so including all comments, that's why it would make sense now.

Well, anyway, keep it up :)
04-21-2004 09:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
I mean >5 chars for if there are small words/keys that aren't translated, like "OK".

And yeah, it was just me surprised of all those green arrows... so well, not a bug. But still could be inproved comparing the keys ;).
I dunno... It could be actualy very confusing if this is added...

If this is added you're gonna rely on it and you might miss key's because of the ">5". Then if you don't add the ">5" restriction, false warnings are given, so again confusion...

If this isn't added, the user is forced to look at every key to see if it is translated, this makes that the language file is checked in detail (which is a must I think) and less "hasty" mistakes are being made...

About the "remove comments"-button:
you don't need to rely on the ini-api's for that. Much faster and more reliable would be:
code:
pseudocode:
do while not eof(readfile)
  textline = readline(readfile)
  if not firstchar(stripleadingspaces(textline)) = ";" then
    writeline(writefile)
  endif
loop

Related to this... Maybe this could be made into a seperate program (or if Choli has the time in his own program) together with a routine where all the topics and keys are sorted like the DefaultLg.dat. This makes comparing languages files with the original english one very easy in other programs. (because most linecomparing programs are only good at resyncronizing at a certain level). Also, double blank lines can be deleted, a blank line could be added before topics, blank lines between keys can be deleted, etc...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-22-2004 10:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If this isn't added, the user is forced to look at every key to see if it is translated, this makes that the language file is checked in detail (which is a must I think) and less "hasty" mistakes are being made...

I think I'll leave it as it's now :) You're right, it's less confusing
quote:
you don't need to rely on the ini-api's for that. Much faster and more reliable would be:
i know, but my program uses apis that's why i should open the file myself and do the code you posted. As I don't open nor read the file myself, the option to remove comments is too much work for now :p
quote:
Related to this... Maybe this could be made into a seperate program (or if Choli has the time in his own program) together with a routine where all the topics and keys are sorted like the DefaultLg.dat. This makes comparing languages files with the original english one very easy in other programs. (because most linecomparing programs are only good at resyncronizing at a certain level). Also, double blank lines can be deleted, a blank line could be added before topics, blank lines between keys can be deleted, etc...
a separate program to "clean" and tidy the files would be great... maybe i'll do it :D

mmm.... btw,
quote:
stripleadingspaces(textline)) = ";"
related to that: if a line begins with spaces and after the spaces there's a ";", is the line a comment or isn't it?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-22-2004 11:11 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli

mmm.... btw,
quote:
stripleadingspaces(textline)) = ";"
related to that: if a line begins with spaces and after the spaces there's a ";", is the line a comment or isn't it?
yep, it is... leadinspaces are ignored in ini files.
(also by the API's:
[topic]
key=value

is the same as
     [topic]
          key         =value

)
04-22-2004 11:52 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
I hope this will works too on Msg Plus! 3...
Should be nice...
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-22-2004 06:11 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Yes, it works on Messenger Plus! 3 language files as well. But you won't really need this tool as long as you are not translating Messenger Plus! yourself.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-22-2004 07:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Choli, can I make yet another suggestion?

To add the ability to use two filenames as commandlines:
MsgPlusTrans.exe DefaultLg.dat Lang_Vulcan.ini

If at all possible without the adding of /, - or that kind of characters, so we can drag'n drop 2 files on the program...

If those chars should be needed in front of the filename (because of the way the current parameters are implemented), that's also fine; Then we can at least use a shortcut to quickly start our favorite language files ;)

suggestion: make the current parameters with a / or - character. And use no trailing character for filenames... so that if no / or - character is used, filenames are assumed...

This post was edited on 04-23-2004 at 12:00 AM by CookieRevised.
04-22-2004 11:57 PM
Leif

80 / Male / –
It's such a great tool! The only thing I sometimes miss is a search function ...
04-23-2004 05:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.24 - New Version
Well, I've fixed the limitation of 64Kb in Win 9x / Me. Patchou told me how that was done in Plus! 3 and I've been able to use his ideas to make it (my program is more complex than plus in that aspect, 'cause I have to write files too, not only read them :P). Thanks to his suggestions and because lot of translators use those versions of Windows, I've updated the program. Now you can use files of any size in Windows 9x/Me (and remember that the file must be saved in ansi format, not unicode).

Well, let me know if you find any bug (in Win NT/2K/XP/2K3 it should work like before, but there may also be bugs). If you can, use Win NT/2K/XP/2K3 instead of Win 9x/Me. The program will work faster.

quote:
Choli, can I make yet another suggestion?
of course ;)
quote:
To add the ability to use two filenames as commandlines:
MsgPlusTrans.exe DefaultLg.dat Lang_Vulcan.ini
good idea
however, i haven't done it, because i have to support alos files with spaces in their names and that implies a bit more programming (and i'm a bit tired due to the fixing of the 64kb limitation of win9x)
I have planed doing that in next versions. Also I want to add the ability to drag'n'drop files directly into the interface of the program. :)
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
It's such a great tool! The only thing I sometimes miss is a search function ...
why don't you use notepad to search for strings? :-/ I don't feel like adding it for now :P
quote:
our favorite language files
favorite? :mipdodgy: :-/

:banana:
04-23-2004 03:26 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.28 ~ bugs fixed!
Sorry for double posting, but there's a new version: 1.2.29. I've just found a weird, non-usual but annoying bug. Sorry if this is causing you any troubles :$ Thanks.
04-25-2004 12:26 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites