What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
;)

Another minor GUI glitch:
Two exact the same lines are wrapped differently in the two windows:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=11880&pid=172770]

.jpg File Attachment: wrongalignment.jpg (11.45 KB)
This file has been downloaded 3738 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-06-2003 at 08:30 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-06-2003 08:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Another minor GUI glitch:
Two exact the same lines are wrapped differently in the two windows:

:O That's not my fault. The two windows are not the same control so each one wraps the words in a different way :P

btw, the fact that they're different controls is why you shouldn't open other files than DefaultLg.dat in Original english file field. You can open english, deutch, spanish... files but if you open a complex language (like chinese) file you won't see the real chinese characters (try to open Lang_Chinese Traditional.ini in both and you'll see the diference)

btw2, I'll proabably change those controls and put both the same. That way the words will be wrapped the same way and you'll be able to open (correctly) any file as original language :banana:
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
12-06-2003 08:52 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.23
I've released a new version: 1.2.23

[*]Now, it uses the same control for both windows so the same text will be wrapped the same way. Also, you can now open any translated file (even a chinesse one) as the original file. That can be useful if you want to compare 2 translations.

[*]The sections and keys of the tree view, at the left, have 3 icons:
  • [Image: flecha.bmp] means the key/section is in both the original and translated files.
  • [Image: cruz.bmp] means the key is not in the translated file. If it's in a sections, it means the sections has keys that aren't in the translated file or that the whole section is missing.
  • [Image: admiracion.bmp] means the key is not in the original file (and then it can be deleted). If it's in a section means that it has keys that aren't in the original file or that the whole section isn't in the original file.

[*]If you right-click on a section or key at the tree view, a menu pops up. Depending on if the section/key is or not in both or only one of the files (original/translated), the menu shows diferent entries. You can use them to delete unused keys (with [Image: admiracion.bmp]), create missing ones (with [Image: cruz.bmp]), delete a whole section, etc...

[*]Now, when you select both files, the program should load them faster than in the previous version.

I hope these new improvments will be useful to you when have to translate the new 3rd version of PLus!. Download it from the 1st post.

Enjoy ;)
04-02-2004 02:46 PM
_BassReFLeX_

– / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.23 - New Version
Hi Choli !...

I downloaded this new version... all I got is :

Runtime error: '339'
Richtx32.ocx and one of its depencies are invalid ... bla bla

However.. I would like to propose you something. Make your translator's ability to make a new line in .ini file not just replace. Because when I wanted to translate a Lang.ini from an earlier version to a newer one... I had to add something I had to add Sheduler myself.. so it would be very useful for your translator to have that ability, and more more useful in this new , upcoming Messenger Plus! 3 , wich is gonna have many new features there to be add in the .ini files wich were not before.

Thank you !
:)
04-02-2004 04:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator 1.2.23 - New Version
quote:
Originally posted by _BassReFLeX_
Runtime error: '339'
Richtx32.ocx and one of its depencies are invalid ... bla bla
at the first post there's a link to that file, download it from there or from any other site and copy it to your system32 folder.
quote:
Originally posted by _BassReFLeX_
However.. I would like to propose you something. Make your translator's ability to make a new line in .ini file not just replace. Because when I wanted to translate a Lang.ini from an earlier version to a newer one... I had to add something I had to add Sheduler myself.. so it would be very useful for your translator to have that ability, and more more useful in this new , upcoming Messenger Plus! 3 , wich is gonna have many new features there to be add in the .ini files wich were not before.
if you open as original file the DefaultLg.dat file and as translation file your (old) Lagn_*.ini file, the new keys will have the [Image: cruz.bmp] icon. Select it and write the translation. so easy. you can also right-click on it and select create key (or create section/create non-existent keys)
04-02-2004 04:21 PM
Zhasha

Lumiere-san

34 / Male / –
all this translation is giving me a headache. think ill go make a control for vb6 that helps making multilanguage programs...
&#12522;&#12517;&#12511;&#12456;&#12540;&#12523;&#27096;: &#12362;&#12394;&#12493;&#12468;&#12360;&#12493;&#12364;&#12435;&#12392;&#12395;
04-04-2004 01:24 PM
_BassReFLeX_

– / Male / –
Haven't tried yet that thingie. I just got back from a big voyage :p

I'll try.

To Zhasha:

Theres no better translator than Choli's :)
:)
04-04-2004 05:06 PM
Zhasha

Lumiere-san

34 / Male / –
i dont think you know what i meant...
its a VB6 control that makes making "Multilanguage Applications" much easyer. actually has nothing to do with a msgplus translater program
&#12522;&#12517;&#12511;&#12456;&#12540;&#12523;&#27096;: &#12362;&#12394;&#12493;&#12468;&#12360;&#12493;&#12364;&#12435;&#12392;&#12395;
04-04-2004 05:10 PM
Leif

80 / Male / –
Choli, your translation proggie is nothing short of marvellous. Thanks for making it!! Only one wish, though - to be able to see the original and the translation "in vivo" so to speak. So that I can see if my translation fits into the available space.
04-04-2004 05:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I think that that is something that any plus!-translator would like. But is a bit out of scope of this translator tool...
Also it isn't that easy to create, and you need to call the plus-DLL and use the functions and all. It has been suggested before (to make a "standalone" stripped version of Plus! with only the dialogs and all, just for the purpose of translating)...
Now I do this by using Resource Hacker and such tools. It is a bit messy to do. But once you get the hang of it, it's a good way for a first quick check. (especially for the dialogs you can't envoke so easly like setup dialogs, recovery dialog, error dialogs, etc...)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-04-2004 05:39 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: