What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 18 19 20 21 [ 22 ] 23 24 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
he also once said he wont make any updates since it does still work though.
quick note: i won't update the current version (at least whili it is compatible and works with the correct files of plus). However that doesn't mean I won't release any other new version. In fact (maybe cooki will remember) I started to do version 2 of the translator when Plus 4.0 was still in beta stage; but the scripting API and scripts capabilities were still too poor; and I don't think that version would work with current Plus version.

Anyway, maybe now it's time to make a newer version... at least, Plus scripts can do way more things than before :P
quote:
I would be glad to aid Choli in case he doesn't have the time though
thank you. I'll keep it in mind ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Shift + Alt is used to change language
to change language where? Not in my program, afaik :P

quote:
I have Greek as my language and when I finish translating a key and move to another, it goes back to English. That is what I mean.
sorry, but i don't understand you. Could you, maybe, post a screen shot of what you mean?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-28-2008 07:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
He's talking about the keyboard layout switching thing in Windows. Alt+Shift does change the input language of your keyboard, if you set multiple languages to be available through that feature, that is.

Cannot reproduce the bug here, though.
[Image: rdmazu.php]
03-28-2008 08:12 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Exactly. So, could we set a keyboard language that doesn't change when you save one key and get to the other? Only if it is possible
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-28-2008 08:16 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
He's talking about the keyboard layout switching thing in Windows. Alt+Shift does change the input language of your keyboard, if you set multiple languages to be available through that feature, that is.
ah!, i didnt know that
quote:
So, could we set a keyboard language that doesn't change when you save one key and get to the other? Only if it is possible
i didn't know that that happens with my program... in fact i did not do anything on pourpose to do that (even more: i didn't ever think about having several keysobard sets and the possibility of using one or other)

Anyway, I think that the problem may come because of the way the RichEdit control works; and I don't think I can do much to change that, sorry. In any case, review which is your predefined keyboard language in the control panel.
03-28-2008 08:32 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
It is Greek. Anyway, I don't mind. Your program is awesome and it helped me very much translating Plus into Greek. Keep up the good work!
03-28-2008 08:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Isn't it so that a RichEdit control can have its own 'input locale' (=combination of input language and keyboardlayout)? Maybe this can be set by some API (EM_SETLANGOPTIONS? EM_SETTEXTMODE? EM_SETIMESTATUS? WM_INPUTLANGCHANGEREQUEST? LoadKeyboardLayout? ActivateKeyboardLayout? dunno). In that case it might be possible to set it the same as the user's global input language setting. Although, I can imagine that this on its turn might be inconvenient for people who want to translate for example Chinese when their global input language is set to English (thus the opposite of what Basilis is experiencing). Could be an option....

---------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quick note: i won't update the current version (at least whili it is compatible and works with the correct files of plus).
But it could be made a bit more convenient with small changes though (like the standard file selections which are still for Plus! 3, enabling drag and drop for the language file inputs, and a sizeable window). For this I would gladly help/do it, if you don't want to bother :p.

quote:
However that doesn't mean I won't release any other new version. In fact (maybe cooki will remember) I started to do version 2 of the translator when Plus 4.0 was still in beta stage;
Of course, the other day someone requested for an aid in translating and I suggested both to them (this standalone, and the beta script): CookieRevised's reply to Czech translation for Plus! Live 4.60.0.324

* CookieRevised even thinks this Translator is such a 'classic' that it should be listed in the Plus! Tools section in the DB :D

This post was edited on 03-29-2008 at 03:38 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2008 02:24 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
One last suggestion. Could you make the window able to maximize or at least be a little bigger?

EDIT: Also, it would be helpful if we could copy past text?

This post was edited on 03-29-2008 at 10:30 AM by Basilis.
03-29-2008 10:17 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Isn't it so that a RichEdit control can have its own 'input locale' (=combination of input language and keyboardlayout)?
maybe, but in that case, how is it possible that when Basilis sets it once, it changes automatically back to english when another key is selected?
quote:
In that case it might be possible to set it the same as the user's global input language setting. Although, I can imagine that this on its turn might be inconvenient for people who want to translate for example Chinese when their global input language is set to English (thus the opposite of what Basilis is experiencing). Could be an option....
yep, that's a problem.

but there's something else: when i did the program, there were several problems with RTL languages and with languages which don't use the english codepage, so I did some "protection" code against those cases. I think that that may be the reason of Basilis' problems. I don't think I can fix it, as that would break other parts of the program, or the program when it runs in other enviorments :/

What you can do, Basilis, is adding a new section and value in your file, maybe that would make the program work correctly: The translators reads [Font]>CharacterSet and with the value tries to do some things to improve the text displayed in the RichEdit... so, try to add this in your file
code:
[Font]
CharacterSet=<whatever_charset_you_use>

and remember to remove that before submiting the file :P
quote:
like the standard file selections which are still for Plus! 3, enabling drag and drop for the language file inputs
that's easy to do :) Maybe i'll have some free time today or tomorrow, i can do it.
quote:
and a sizeable window
quote:
Could you make the window able to maximize or at least be a little bigger?
for now, I prefer to keep the window with a fixed size. I'll make it bigger, however.
quote:
Also, it would be helpful if we could copy past text?
you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V already, can't you?

This post was edited on 03-29-2008 at 01:38 PM by Choli.
03-29-2008 01:27 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V already, can't you?
I didn't know that. Thank you Choli.
03-29-2008 01:45 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  Messenger Plus! Live Translator 1.2.32
New version :O!
quote:
Could you make the window able to maximize or at least be a little bigger?
guess what? I did a private version for myself where the window was bigger, so I didn't notice that for today's sreen sizes the old translator window size was too small :P In fact, I've forgotten that I made it bigger.

Anyway, I've made it even bigger (maybe now it's too big :lol: Let me know in that case). Also, I've added drag'n'drop for the files :banana: You can drop the files in the program and they'll be opened in the same way as if you've selected the files using the button "[...]". The new version also has "support" for Plus! live (4.x) files. That "support" is nothing more that being able to select them in the open dialog, as Cookie suggested.

There is nothing else apart from those 3 changes.

The version, as always, in the first post ;)
03-29-2008 04:30 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 18 19 20 21 [ 22 ] 23 24 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites