What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I've got a new version that i'd like to send to you so you can test it. I sent it to Mnjul but still don't know if it works (Mnjul, did you recieve my emails? i'm not sure if i send them to the right address)So, sock, can I send that version to you? If you allow me (i don't want spam people emails), send me you address via PM. Thanks.

I think my Email is b0rked. :-/

* sock slaps his sysadmin around a bit with a large trout.

Humm... looks like someone b0rked the local forwarder...... :-/ I hafta get that fixed.... :(

Anycow.... could you please upload it anywhere? :)

quote:
quote:
Also, when I change the editbox to right-align mode, it doesn't look like it should (like it does in Notepad or Word). And then when I move to another value, it asks me if I want to save the value, but I only changed the text alignment, I didn't edit the text! :-o

How do you do that? And note that every time the editbox (richtextbox, in fact) is changed (change event) my program assumes that a text modification has been done.

Ctrl+Shift on the right side of the keyboard to align it to the right, and Ctrl+Shift on the left side to align it back to the left. This is not supposed to change the text in any way, just align the text lines to a different side of the editbox. Something weird is going on.

Okay, I did some testing and changing the alignment does NOT change the text string. However, it still triggers that "change event" of yours for some reason.... :(

And now I also see that the editbox does not display complex Hebrew strings correctly (ie., strings that have both English and Hebrew characters), whether aligned to the left or the right. What I mean by "correctly" is how they are displayed in any other Microsoft program. Blah.... I guess you need to make it support RTL somehow..... :-/

* sock slaps Hebrew around a bit with a large trout.

This post was edited on 05-23-2005 at 07:29 AM by sock.
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
06-30-2003 10:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by sock
Okay, I did some testing and changing the alignment does NOT change the text string. However, it still triggers that "change event" of yours for some reason.... :(

The text that you can see in the control isn't changed but the RTF code that represents that text is. The RTF code includes the text of the control and also some information about fonts, sizes, formating (blod, italics, ...), codepages, right-to-left information, etc... So a change in the alignment changes the RTF code, so triggers the change event. I know there is a way to avoid this but just now i can't remember...
* Choli slaps Choli around a bit with a large trout.
quote:
And now I also see that the editbox does not display complex Hebrew strings correctly (ie., strings that have both English and Hebrew characters), whether aligned to the left or the right. What I mean by "correctly" is how they are displayed in any other Microsoft program.

Are strings with only Hebrew chars displayed ok? What is the difference between the string that the control shows and what it should be? If you type, is the text showed ok?
quote:
Blah.... I guess you need to make it support RTL somehow..... :-/

I know, but is a bit complex. It isn't as easy as put right alignemt (or is it?). I'd like first make the program work with complex languages (like Chinese) but left to right ones.
* Choli slaps RTL languages around a bit with a large trout.

Well, this afternoon after I recieved the Mnjul's mail, I've been searching for some thing to solve the problem with the save code (it didn't work well). I've found interesting things, but i also found a bug in my code, so I preferred change the code.
The problem was that the RichTextBox, when saving, returned non-unicode codes for each character (codes relatives to the character set used by each language), so when I write them to the Lang_*.ini,  strange charactes were shown. I think that is solved now (and if not, I'll have to write some extra code :()

I'm going to put a new version at the first post, but consider it as a beta because each time you save you’ll get a messagebox like "Now, i think your text should have been written OK" or "Your text may have been written wrong."

So, please Mnjul test again the new version (thanks for your patience) and sock, try it too and tell me what goes wrong (I assume it won't work well :))

Also remember running the program in "debug mode" (goto start > run, type cmd, change to the folder where the prog is (CD) and run the program with an argument: MsgPlusTrans.exe put what you want here). Once in debug mode, the RTF code can be very usefull to me.

Thanks for all.

This post was edited on 06-30-2003 at 08:01 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-30-2003 07:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
Good News! It now works very correctly:gfdrin:
The RTF Code isn't correct when I type Chinese words, but it becomes correct automatically after I save them:D

Congrats, Choli:D
07-01-2003 01:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Sock must be jealous :gfdrin:.

07-01-2003 01:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
Uhmmm no win 98 ? :cry:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-01-2003 06:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
cool_myll

– / Male / –
Huh?  RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
Will this program work with the new messenger plus?
MSN Messenger & Messenger Plus!
          www.coolmessenger.tk
07-01-2003 01:03 PM
sock
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Yes. It uses the generic form of the language .ini file.
07-01-2003 01:08 PM
cool_myll

– / Male / –
Thanks i will translate to greek!
MSN Messenger & Messenger Plus!
          www.coolmessenger.tk
07-01-2003 01:09 PM
sock
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
And now I also see that the editbox does not display complex Hebrew strings correctly (ie., strings that have both English and Hebrew characters), whether aligned to the left or the right. What I mean by "correctly" is how they are displayed in any other Microsoft program.

Are strings with only Hebrew chars displayed ok? What is the difference between the string that the control shows and what it should be? If you type, is the text showed ok?

The Hebrew letters and words appears okay (but not when I save them). The order of the words gets mixed up whenever there's some sign in the text, like a period or a colon. It looks messy. :-/

So the only way it would appear as it should is when I type Hebrew characters and spaces only. It looks different than in Microsoft programs both in left-alignment and right-alignment.

quote:
quote:
Blah.... I guess you need to make it support RTL somehow..... :-/

I know, but is a bit complex. It isn't as easy as put right alignemt (or is it?). I'd like first make the program work with complex languages (like Chinese) but left to right ones.
* Choli slaps RTL languages around a bit with a large trout.

* sock slaps RTL languages around a bit with a large trout.

I had no change with the new Beta.... I got the "Your text may have been written wrong." message..... it was indeed written wrong. ;)

Debug mode? :P Hmmm... :P

Showed this on startup:

{\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\ansicpg1255\deff0\deflang1037{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Arial Unicode MS;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\ltrpar\f0\fs20
\par }

The value I tested:

{\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset177 Arial Unicode MS;}{\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial Unicode MS;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\ltrpar\lang1037\f0\rtlch\fs18\'e4\f1\ltrch -DLL Hook \f0\rtlch\'f9\'ec \f1\ltrch !Messenger Plus \f0\rtlch\'e7\'f1\'f8 \'e0\'e5 \'f4\'e2\'e5\'ed\f1\ltrch . \f0\rtlch\'f0\'e0 \'e4\'fa\'f7\'ef \'ee\'e7\'e3\'f9 \'e0\'fa \'e4\'fa\'eb\'f0\'e4\f1\ltrch .
\par }

Again, the text looks weird when aligned to either side.
When aligned to the right, the code changes to this:

{\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset177 Arial Unicode MS;}{\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial Unicode MS;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\rtlpar\qr\lang1037\f0\rtlch\fs18\'e4\f1\ltrch -DLL Hook \f0\rtlch\'f9\'ec \f1\ltrch !Messenger Plus \f0\rtlch\'e7\'f1\'f8 \'e0\'e5 \'f4\'e2\'e5\'ed\f1\ltrch . \f0\rtlch\'f0\'e0 \'e4\'fa\'f7\'ef \'ee\'e7\'e3\'f9 \'e0\'fa \'e4\'fa\'eb\'f0\'e4\f1\ltrch .
\par }

And it looks weird too, same kind of weirdness as the left align.
It generally looks as it should, however it's really uncomfortable.

This is how it looks after I save (left-aligned):

{\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial Unicode MS;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\ltrpar\lang1037\f0\fs18\'e4\'f9\'ec \'e7\'f1\'f8 \'e0\'e5 \'f4\'e2\'e5\'ed\'f0\'e0 \'e4\'fa\'f7\'ef \'ee\'e7\'e3\'f9 \'e0\'fa \'e4\'fa\'eb\'f0\'e4
\par }

The text looks like it has been converted into ASCII.... weird latin letters both in the .ini file and in the program's display. I got that "Text may have been saved incorrectly" error.

And finally, this is the same weird letter text after I right-align it:

{\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial Unicode MS;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\rtlpar\qr\lang1037\f0\fs18\'e4\'f9\'ec \'e7\'f1\'f8 \'e0\'e5 \'f4\'e2\'e5\'ed\'f0\'e0 \'e4\'fa\'f7\'ef \'ee\'e7\'e3\'f9 \'e0\'fa \'e4\'fa\'eb\'f0\'e4
\par }

I hope you find a way to fix it..... :P
07-01-2003 01:29 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Good News! It now works very correctly:gfdrin:

I'm very glad to read this :banana:
quote:
The RTF Code isn't correct when I type Chinese words, but it becomes correct automatically after I save them:D

Yes, I convert the codes to unicode when saving, not every key press. I thinks it's better like that and if while typing you don't see any error, I'll leave that as it is now.
quote:
Congrats, Choli:D

Thanks [Image: headbang.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Sock must be jealous

Support for RTL languages come now :gfdrin:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Uhmmm no win 98 ?

No. Win98 doesn't have unicode-enabled APIs so my program can't work well, but perhaps some easy languages (english, spanish, italian, french, ...) will be suported in the next release (maybe this night) (y lo hago por ti, que sé que eres un traductor)

quote:
Originally posted by cool_myll
Will this program work with the new messenger plus?

Of course! I said that in other post.[Image: beer1.gif]

* Choli says: 'And now comes the sock's post....'

quote:
Originally posted by sock
I hope you find a way to fix it..... :p

Well, sock, I'll do my best posible to make it RTL compatible. I'll keep you informed about how this is going. :D

This post was edited on 07-01-2003 at 04:58 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-01-2003 04:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (24): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites