What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
So you don't need my file?:rolleyes:
OK:gfdrin:
07-03-2003 03:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mippo
Elite Member

MJBZ!

33 / Male / –
Euh... it says 'Runtime Error 5' on my Win98SE machine when I select two language files (the file that I'm going to save to is empty). Is this a bug or a known issue?
07-03-2003 07:26 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
the program gives me an error of a missing file.. :O
07-03-2003 02:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ballack15

i search the german language, for the version 2.20
07-03-2003 02:15 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Choli, I suggest you upload a setup file, besides the singal program .exe file. Users without Visual Basic may encounter file missing problem.
07-03-2003 02:18 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
So you don't need my file?:rolleyes:
OK:gfdrin:

Oh yes, please send it to me. Although I think my program will show WinXP styles well, I'd like to see your file. Please send it.

quote:
Originally posted by Mippo
Euh... it says 'Runtime Error 5' on my Win98SE machine when I select two language files (the file that I'm going to save to is empty). Is this a bug or a known issue?

Well, at first Windows 9x/Me isn't supported but I've made some changes to support some languages (Spanish, French, and few more) so you should use Windows NT/2K/XP.
And about the error... I think that the language file you are trying to open (as if it was DefaultLg.dat) contains a line without the equal ("=") sign. That is due to a bad translation of that file (the translator of that file put a carriage return into a value). In the next version that will be fixed, but if not... don't try to open language files instead of DefaultLg.dat.
BTW, there is no problem is you select an empty or inexistent file to save, but it's much better to put (manually) the sections [FileInfo] and [Font] (if reqiuered) before using the prog. That way you won't get wrong saved files if using complex languages.

quote:
Originally posted by PT_KiD
the program gives me an error of a missing file..

The program requieres the Visual Basic 6 RunTime files.:o

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Choli, I suggest you upload a setup file, besides the singal program .exe file. Users without Visual Basic may encounter file missing problem.

Well but I won't upload here because it's very large. I'll put the link on the first post when it'll be ready (I think no more 1 hour later).(o)

Edit:
Updated the program. at the first post. Also put there a link to the requiered files (VB runtime). If any other file is requiered, let me know and I'll update them. Mippo's bug should be corrected now. The program should have XP style (in XP, of course :refuck:). Some minor things have been corrected and/or improved. And RTL languages.... well, I've changed something. The are not saved correctly but are they shown well? Wiht right-alignment? left-alignment? RTL languages are harder to be supported than I imagined.
* Choli slaps RTL languages again :P around a bit with a large trout.

This post was edited on 07-03-2003 at 05:54 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-03-2003 04:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
^ASM^

Don't Worry Be hAPPY

39 / Male / –
Great program!! Although I give a few recommendations...

1.- Instead of setting an item to english as default when it doesn't exist, and saving it that way, leave it blank so it is easier to see what translations are missing.

2.- Or even better, in the left where there are all the items to translate, set the item on bold if it isn't set to it's translation yet. This helps a lot for new versions of Plus that only need updates!

All in all this is a great program. good job!
07-03-2003 08:02 PM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
Hebrew is worse now...... if it was inconvinient to work with before, it is impossible now. :)
The letters show up fine, however everything goes backwards, the letters and the words (reverse order of the entire string). Very strange. :-/

And I'm still waiting for that implementation of \n, \t and &.... :p
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
07-03-2003 11:15 PM
Mippo
Elite Member

MJBZ!

33 / Male / –
OK, the runtime error 5 is gone now.

I open DefaultLg.dat and another file (empty). I click on a string. Nothing but "?????????????". I click another string and it says first "You have changed something, would you like to save it now?" and I've changed nothing! Then it goes to the other string, again "???????????????" or sometimes "??????4?????" or "??????????5?". Has this something to do with the Unicode? :S
07-04-2003 07:15 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by ^ASM^
1.- Instead of setting an item to english as default when it doesn't exist, and saving it that way, leave it blank so it is easier to see what translations are missing.
2.- Or even better, in the left where there are all the items to translate, set the item on bold if it isn't set to it's translation yet. This helps a lot for new versions of Plus that only need updates!

Ok (Y)
quote:
Originally posted by sock
Hebrew is worse now...... if it was inconvinient to work with before, it is impossible now.

When you said the text was wrong, i didn't know what was wrong, so i was testing:S
quote:
The letters show up fine, however everything goes backwards, the letters and the words (reverse order of the entire string). Very strange.

reverse all the string or only the parts of the string in Hebrew?
the order of the letters or of the words?
quote:
And I'm still waiting for that implementation of \n, \t and &....

sometimes \n should be \r\n and so I won't implement \n (i don't know when it should be \n or \r\n
\t and & is comming...
quote:
Originally posted by Mippo
I open DefaultLg.dat and another file (empty). I click on a string. Nothing but "?????????????". I click another string and it says first "You have changed something, would you like to save it now?" and I've changed nothing!

That's because the file was empty and there are some text written in the translation box. That won't happen in the next release, because I'll do what ^ASM^said
quote:
Then it goes to the other string, again "???????????????" or sometimes "??????4?????" or "??????????5?". Has this something to do with the Unicode?
Yes, I'm sorry, but win98 doesn't handle unicode so it shows the default character for a unable-to-be-displayed unicode character: "?"

This time there isn't any new version. I was doing a program to Install theMessenger Plus! Tab. Don't worry, soon there will be.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-05-2003 02:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (24): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites