What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Messenger Plus! Translator

Pages: (24): « First « 19 20 21 22 [ 23 ] 24 » Last »
4 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! Translator
Author: Message:
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
Thanks Choli. You offer too much to the community

This post was edited on 03-29-2008 at 04:36 PM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-29-2008 04:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Leo_IB

41 / – / Flag
Funciona a la perfecció, gràcies.

It works perfectly, thanks
02-04-2009 09:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
touko

– / – / Flag
This tool has some problem when I open existing translation for update. It shows several empty key-value pairs with exclamation mark icon.

Also it has some problem with typing Japanese or Korean characters.
I'm thinking of writing an equivalent tool in C++ or C#. For unicode and IME compatibility, using .NET for user interface and regular expressions would be a decent option. What is your idea?
05-11-2009 05:38 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by touko
It shows several empty key-value pairs with exclamation mark icon
That means that your translated file has those sections and/or keys but the original file doesn't.
quote:
Also it has some problem with typing Japanese or Korean characters.
Which ones? The tool is supposed to work correctly with Japanese and Korean characters.
quote:
For unicode and IME compatibility, using .NET for user interface and regular expressions would be a decent option
What do regular expressions have to do with Unicode? The text (Unicode or not) should be entered as is in the text box area and the program reads it and that's all... I don't see the need of regular expresions... the program should process the text without making any difference depending on the encoding or language.
quote:
I'm thinking of writing an equivalent tool in C++ or C#. What is your idea?
Well, of course you're free of writing whatever program you want.... but I don't see a real reason of doing so :P I think that the program works quite well and there are only a couple of small issues which are not very important and don't prevent the program for working correctly. In addition, I'm planing on doing a new version with more features and with those issues solved (and, of course, full real unicode support :P). But that will be during the following months, not tomorrow ;)
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-11-2009 08:08 PM
touko

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Choli

Which ones? The tool is supposed to work correctly with Japanese and Korean characters.
I actually haven't tested Japanese characters, but Korean chracters actually cause problem. It often fails to complete character composition.
quote:

What do regular expressions have to do with Unicode? The text (Unicode or not) should be entered as is in the text box area and the program reads it and that's all... I don't see the need of regular expresions... the program should process the text without making any difference depending on the encoding or language.

I mentioned using regular expressions because it can extract key-value pairs much more efficiently. Also, .NET common controls would perform better than native RichEdit, as I'm seeing some composition issues.
Besides input process, it is indeed not a problem. Everything would work fine.
quote:

Well, of course you're free of writing whatever program you want.... but I don't see a real reason of doing so :P I think that the program works quite well and there are only a couple of small issues which are not very important and don't prevent the program for working correctly. In addition, I'm planing on doing a new version with more features and with those issues solved (and, of course, full real unicode support :P). But that will be during the following months, not tomorrow ;)

Well, I hope you fix those issues. :) Actually I'm skeptical of writing a "public" tool since dealing with bi-directional text is a nightmare.

P.S: Bug report: buttons for browsing paths show weird chracters for me. (Broken Korean characters; supposedly charset issue.)

This post was edited on 05-12-2009 at 02:15 AM by touko.
05-12-2009 02:14 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
I mentioned using regular expressions because it can extract key-value pairs much more efficiently.
Currently, the program uses GetPrivateProfileStringW and similar functions, therefore the handling of the *.ini files is as efficient as it can be (because it is handled by Windows) :).
quote:
since dealing with bi-directional text is a nightmare
I totally agree with you. In fact, my program does not handle very well right-to-left languages.
quote:
Bug report: buttons for browsing paths show weird chracters for me. (Broken Korean characters; supposedly charset issue.)
The text in those buttons is three dots: "..." You shouldn't have any problem viewing them. Are you using the default system font and the correct character encoding in your Windows?
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-12-2009 08:16 AM
touko

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:

Currently, the program uses GetPrivateProfileStringW and similar functions, therefore the handling of the *.ini files is as efficient as it can be (because it is handled by Windows) :).
Oh, I think I couldn't even think about it because I remember MS discouraged using it. Good pointing out.
quote:

The text in those buttons is three dots: "..." You shouldn't have any problem viewing them. Are you using the default system font and the correct character encoding in your Windows?

I think it should be, but it shows weird characters for me. DBCS locale (Korean) might be the cause. Once you release the new version with full unicode support, it would be fine (I guess).
05-12-2009 10:43 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
quote:
quote:
Oh, I think I couldn't even think about it because I remember MS discouraged using it. Good pointing out
On a sidenote:
Actually MS never discouraged those APIs. Infact they are the prefered method when you work with INI files.
However, they do discourage (for whatever unclear reason) the use of INI files in favor of the registry for storing small amounts of program settings.

quote:
quote:
I think it should be, but it shows weird characters for me. DBCS locale (Korean) might be the cause.
That's very strange though. They should still show three dots as they are basic ascii codes. If they show weird characters, don't you have many other problems with other (non-Korean) applications too?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-12-2009 09:49 PM
tristaa.n

High class programmer

30 / Male / Flag
Prepairing a new sloven version with my friend
alredy testing it ;)

Slovenski,Slovenija
Be a pro like me and it will be easy   :)
05-18-2009 03:10 PM
kekani95

28 / Male / Flag
Undecided  RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
Hi, everyone, I downloaded yesterday the Translator. It worked fine, but it automatically changed my input language to english and I couldn't write my language letters, so I've deleted it. After that, it didn't change my input lang anymore and I was translating "not being annoyed anymore". Today I started to translate with the tool, but when I input the 2 files, it crashes. In the moment, my lang bar disappears and appears again. Is it crashing just because I deleted the English input language? :/
02-05-2011 12:11 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 19 20 21 22 [ 23 ] 24 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: