What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » why do we have to post replys to gain levels

Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
why do we have to post replys to gain levels
Author: Message:
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
O.P. Huh?  why do we have to post replys to gain levels
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=red]
Why oh Why do we need to post replys to gain levels, thats how spaming is beening made, couldnt it be easy if if maby ppl voted on your level, or something relating to that? because to tell the truth im realy tired of reading pointless replys, that im guessing is for making levels. its just soooo stupid
08-11-2003 12:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ranicx

Abstract Artist

38 / Male / –
RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
its counted to show how much ya have added to the site and so on.  the spam is deleted and doesnt count towards the post count. and also the T&T  thred is for the spaming.  not all spam is deleted cause it isnt posible to find it all and delete it, and sumthings if ya delete them, the rest doesnt make sence.

and btw, if ya dint no, with the colour, font and size tags. when ya finished with a colour or sumthing, press close tags. ya gota always close a tag for it to work. e.g.  [/color]  or  [/size]  or  [/font]

This post was edited on 08-11-2003 at 04:14 PM by ranicx.
~ranicx is a: Abstract Artist @ DeviantArt
|| Program skills: Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Cinema4D, Apophysis ||
ex-MSN Messenger skinner        :wink:
- ranicx-design -
08-11-2003 03:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
There is already a similar system and no one votes on it. It's useless. As already said, spam is deleted.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

08-11-2003 03:54 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Interesting point.

I really think the staff should remove the ranks aka levels on these forums. It DOES promote spamming and everyone seems to judge people by the levels and not by their post quality or their knowledge or attitude. Levels are nothing.

I mean, no one will spam just to get their level up if they don't exist? They'd hopefully learn to provide quality posts and forget about their ranks or post counts. I mean, having a rank as newbie, just puts you down. People treat you like crap because you are new and people don't bother to respect you until you become a rank other than newbie, which is ridiculous to be honest.

If the ranks were removed from these forums, but the stats still remain just for the sake of rewards, then I think it will reduce the spam, as no one will have something pushing them to spam, just to raise their level to be as "good" as others, even though some/the majority of them are either spammers, or like to post.

Removing the ranks will probably be protested by the staff and the members, but I think it is a move in the right direction to make this forum the most helpful forum around. As users will post the right answers instead of posting 4 word replies to a post just to get their level up. I mean, saying thanks and things like that is acceptable but not if it is done excessively.

Well..thats my opinion, I think we should have a vote, and then trial it, see what happens. If it benefits the forums, it stays removed..but if it doesn't then bring them back? what do you say?
08-11-2003 04:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ranicx

Abstract Artist

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
....As users will post the right answers instead of posting 4 word replies to a post ...

I like my postcount  :D   <--  4 :P

[edit] nar realy, i reacan the post count adds a good thing to the forum, like its 1 way of showing how much ya have added, and if all and spam and stuff is deleted, it realy will show how much u have contributed. it is also sumthing to spam about in T&T when ya get ova 1000 :tongue: [/edit]

This post was edited on 08-11-2003 at 04:15 PM by ranicx.
~ranicx is a: Abstract Artist @ DeviantArt
|| Program skills: Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Cinema4D, Apophysis ||
ex-MSN Messenger skinner        :wink:
- ranicx-design -
08-11-2003 04:09 PM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
A trial maybe, but I don't like the idea myself. Ranks show you who are the helpers and who aren't. They don't affect my interpretation of how much anyone knows (you're obviously stereotyping there because I don't think anyone's less clever because they're a newbie), and if they do to you, maybe you should stop looking at them! :)
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

08-11-2003 04:10 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
....As users will post the right answers instead of posting 4 word replies to a post ...

I like my postcount  :D   <--  4 :P

[edit] nar realy, i reacan the post count adds a good thing to the forum, like its 1 way of showing how much ya have added, and if all and spam and stuff is deleted, it realy will show how much u have contributed. it is also sumthing to spam about in T&T when ya get ova 1000 :tongue: [/edit]

I meant the ranks..not the post count...

People hardly care about the post count. I said hardly :)
08-11-2003 04:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
I could understand the stars been removed and the different titles lile posting freak but a post count is good so people can see if you know what you are talkign about in a support thread for example or just somone offering some one off advise
08-11-2003 04:37 PM
Animefan

I Will Lick You !

35 / Male / –
No dont remove the (*)! :O
I like em! They are so nice :)
But just kill the T&T Forum! Its no use!? :S
08-11-2003 05:35 PM
BooGhost