What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » why do we have to post replys to gain levels

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
why do we have to post replys to gain levels
Author: Message:
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
"if it aint broken, dont fix it"
(Y)

I agree. :p

'Never touch a running computer.'
09-24-2003 02:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bra1nwash

THE GAMEFREAK!

35 / Other / –
RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
lets wait n see wat happens then...i think that Johnny's idea is the best! but WDZ doesnt seemed to give his full attention on this thread...:rolleyes:
Visit the homepage of CNC Generals, the OWNAGE game!!!
[Image: zerohour_thumb.jpg]
[Image: b2.gif]
sch juz started..
09-27-2003 08:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bigru

– / Male / –
OH WOW THERES 3 STARS BY MY NAME!!!!!!! i feel so special some one pinch me plz

seriously who cares

i think the spamming threads should be completely moved so it dosent even say "moved" by it its just in the t & t

patchou est le roi
09-28-2003 10:51 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
Well this thread is very interesting from my point of view. It's a subject that can get many opinions from all different aspects. Each opinion isn't wrong or right, it's just an opinion. It would be very hard to put something like this into action cause they'll always be people that wont agree with it (not saying that's a bad thing), it's just their personality, and the way they like the forum.

For me, it goes both ways, I like the way we have it, and at the same time, this idea sparks an interest in pursuing this idea. In a way I do feel that that I am looked down upon  because I am only a 17 year old Full Member, but I just dont let that bother me, and it just makes me want to try harder to prove myself to this forum and it's members that I can help. People should respect newbies, after all, we all were at one time.

In a way I dont really want to have to work my ass off and get 2000 posts and become a posting freak, just to stand out and prove to people that I'm something "special" in a forum. It's hard for me so be on this forum everyday. I participate mostly on the weekends cause school is hectic for me right now.

And I dont think that most of the admins, and mods like this idea cause it might take the power they have away from them and devide it equally with everyone.

To just to the other end of the subject, about who votes. When we post a reply, what does it say under our name. for me it says "FULL MEMBER" and wouldn't you think that since this decition effects the whole forum community, that the members, the people who make this forum possible, should have a say. As I have the title as full member, I should have the right to vote since I am a full member of this forum. I'm not saying that any member should be able to vote. but if your going to give us the full member title, then let us act like full members and have some say in this decition.

Well I tried to right that as well as I could with about 10 interuptions fro parents, dinner, g/f on the phone, and other things in life. So if your reading it and you find a spot that's totaly off track, you know why.

Good night Members of the Plus Forum. See ya next weekend

PeAcE OuT,
pr0xy_nuk3r

09-29-2003 02:42 AM
The One

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

34 / Male / –
This is all rather confusing.  Would anyone mind mentioning what you need to do to advance levels?  I know post count has something to do with it, yet I see Elite Members with 1600 posts while there are Posting Freaks with 2500 and others with 1200.  Whats the differences?

Neo
-B.
12-19-2003 04:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
posting freaks are people who patchou or others feel are a credit to this forum, posting freaks are people who have made over 750 posts.....

ummmmmmmmmmmmm all this can be found as a stick in the forum/website part of the forum
12-19-2003 10:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
posting freaks are people who patchou or others feel are a credit to this forum, posting freaks are people who have made over 750 posts.....

:rolleyes:

he means:
elite members are people who patchou or others feel are a credit to this forum, posting freaks are people who have made over 750 posts.....
12-19-2003 11:11 AM
Muss
Former Moderator

This Is The Start To A New Era

38 / Other / –
Well anyway

Even if ranks are removed, peopel will spam, most spam is off topic, not just "yes"

And, if you see spam posts, just report them :P

that way they can be removed, and the persons post count goes down :P
12-19-2003 11:44 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: why do we have to post replys to gain levels
quote:
Originally posted by Hova
You just don't want to work :P
Agreed :P

Johnny's idea is excellent, it's a much fairer system. Also, I agree as well with Billy's idea of not limiting the voting to elite members, let alone only to forum staff, because that would be quite the same as now. The idea is each one to have a rank which everyone can democratically comment about.

MyBB has this reputation feature implemented in its newest version AFAIK, and wdz wasn't sure about adding it or not. I think it would be appropriate to add it... and votes could count like this:

New Members        cannot vote (:-/)
Junior Members      1 vote
Full Members          2 votes
Senior Members     4 votes
Posting Freaks       5 votes
Elite Members        8 votes
Mods/Admins         15 votes

or something like that *-)
12-19-2003 05:50 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
how about having post counts, just not displayed on forum view? maybe just shown in profiles? :P

It  means the mofo's who love their count, still get to see it, yet people dont get put down as bad because your hardly ever going to view someones profile :P

This post was edited on 12-19-2003 at 08:49 PM by kao.
12-19-2003 08:48 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: