What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin

Pages: (40): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Author: Message:
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Version 2 of WMPlus. Nobody except me ever saw version 1, but it relied on an MS WMP plugin. This new version is an all-in-one package! Written in Delphi, with the actual plugin being only 22 kb!

What is it?

WMPlus is a plugin for Messenger Plus! 2 which adds the '/xmp' command. This command will display the current playing song in an instant message. You can optionally add parameters which will be added to the first line, after the song title, duration and status, for example:

/xmp <-- cool song!

Would display:

The Offspring - Gone Away [4:28, playing] <-- cool song!
Rating: :D:D:D:D:D

The rating is displayed using smilies which vary, depending on the rating. In the future further customization will be added which will enable you to configure the way the song is displayed, which emoticons are used, etc.

How does it work?

WMPlus2.dll contains both the Messenger Plus! plugin as well as a Windows Media Player plugin. This plugin has only been tested on WMP 9, and I can not guarantee compatibility with previous versions.

Installation is easy: the setup will take care of this. You should see an icon in WMP on the right bottom side indicating there are background plugins loaded. If not, go to the Plugins options and enable the 'Messenger Plus! WMP Plugin'.

For developers: this WMP plugin is compatible with the Blogging plugin as provided by Microsoft. It writes it's data to the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\CurrentMetadata.

I've got a feature request!

This is only the first beta version, but it works. At least for me it does. If you've got a feature you'd like to see, you can send me an email at wmplus at x2software dot net. Or you can just reply on this thread of course.

Download

Update: information about the latest version plus download can now be found on this page...

Hope you like this plugin! If not, an uninstall is provided, you can find it in the "Add / Remove Software" control panel :).

This post was edited on 10-06-2003 at 02:25 PM by PsychoMark.
09-18-2003 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xsRush

Australian Member

45 / Male / –
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Getting an error, Sounds like a good plugin to.

[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=133940]

.jpg File Attachment: Error1.JPG (27.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 11403 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-18-2003 at 05:03 PM by xsRush.
09-18-2003 05:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xsRush

Australian Member

45 / Male / –
[Image: attachment.php?tid=15675&pid=133950]

also forgot

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0114
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.21.0055
Windows Media Player: 9.00.00.3008

.jpg File Attachment: Error2.JPG (21.03 KB)
This file has been downloaded 11058 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-18-2003 at 05:11 PM by xsRush.
09-18-2003 05:10 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Doh, apparantly I compiled one of the programs with runtime packages... I'll fix it :)
09-18-2003 05:10 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
Guess it wasn't that simple... none of the applications used the packages, so I built my own installer... but now my plugin won't respond to Plus anymore... I'm completely stunned... might take a while, sorry...
09-18-2003 05:58 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
Ok, done. Note to Patchou: the Plugins menu fails to update after the broadcasted message, though the plugin itself is reloaded...

I tried to add the plugin to the menu, but couldn't get the commands to be listed. Error on my part I think, but since this is beta anyways it'll come later. Tested this on a non-Delphi computer, seems to work this time. You can download the new setup from the same location!
09-18-2003 06:16 PM
johngalt

MsgPLUS 3.50 ROCKS!!!!

53 / Male / –
kewl - I need to check the plugins to see if there is one already for WinAMP.  I decided that the overhead of WiMP 9 was too much for my computer to have to deal with - especially since my music is all on a networked drive.  Hence, the (much) smaller footprint of WinAmp to play music files.
John L. Galt  ;-0
GrabIt ßeta Tester and Shemes.com Forum Moderator
quote:
Originally posted by "W. Clement Stone
Bondage is...subjection to external influences and internal negative thoughts and attitudes.
quote:
Thread count has been elevated
09-18-2003 08:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Man, thanks SOOOOOOO MUCH, i would really kiss you if i could :'(

Thanks PsychoMark VERY VERY MUCH!!! I've been waiting for somethin' like this for a LONG LONG time, but nobody has done somethin' easy that actually worked! This is really really great :P (Y)
09-18-2003 08:26 PM
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
For some reason the installer wont run for me...plus it downloads as a 309k file...

EDIT: Never mind...I got it working...amazing Plugin...a lot quicker than the previous Windows Media Player Plugin I have...

This post was edited on 09-19-2003 at 03:58 AM by JaymachRalTir.
09-18-2003 08:59 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
@johngalt: then I've got a surprise for you... one of my friends already requested this one to be compatible with WinAmp as well (because (!WAT) is somewhat limited), so I've decided to integrate it :). However, this'll be WinAmp 2 only at first, if anyone wants 3 or other media players I'd need to know how to interface with 'em... but for now, WMP and WA2 are my primary goals...

@SLim Shady: glad to hear to like it! It's only the first version I smacked together in a day (after struggling with the WMP interfaces in Delphi, seems nobody has done that before, not even an import available), but it'll be extended for sure!

@JaymachRalTir: the download is smaller and has no uninstaller for the simple reason that I wrote my own installer in 15 minutes because the first one would give the rtl60.bpl error. Trying to figure out what caused it so I can go back to the nicer installer again...

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I'll try to fix the plugins menu, add the (!WMP) tag (as requested per email by someone), add more customization and hopefully, make you all happy :)
09-19-2003 07:41 AM
Pages: (40): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: