What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Problem with System Restore...

Problem with System Restore...
Author: Message:
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Problem with System Restore...
(Yes, I did try to google it. But everyone says it's due to lack of space.. that's not my problem)

So.. system restore is only showing one date to take me back to, there's always one, usually a few hours before of the same day (I don't check it that often, but I noticed this a while back and again today)

So yeah.. how can I solve this? Why is there only one available? I'm confused. I remember in XP I could change how many we had, but I can't find that option here (Vista)

Thanks!
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
01-21-2010 08:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Problem with System Restore...
First of all, are we sure no cleaning software has been run between restore points? Some of them might delete old SRP.....

You could try this out:

Go to your registry editor like regedit, go to HKLM->Software->Microsoft->Windows NT->CurrentVersion->SystemRestore.

Look for a RPLifeInterval key, that is the time in seconds a Restore Point will 'live' after it expires it will be deleted automatically.

As you said on windows vista, the value should be 4294967295. If this is not the case then edit the value with the correct one. 7776000 would be 90 days.
01-25-2010 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
egadged

Good Hide

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Problem with System Restore...
try this software ..I have try this software for enable my regedit,system restore and task manager
http://egadged.blogspot.com/2009/12/enable-your-t...nager-regedit.html
02-11-2010 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: