What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Rip-off

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
3 votes - 4 average   Rip-off
Author: Message:
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  no compition then ;)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-18-2002 05:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
lol, very good idea Jae.... maybe one of these night I'll do a Color Picker Pro or something like that ;).

For the patent, well, you know, Patchou makes a lot of money with contracts but that's not the problem... as Ginge says, even if I has a kind of copyright on it, it still prevents nobody to copy the software, it just gives me the possibility to bring it to court... there, it costs time and money and that's the real problem.

Anyway, what I will do probably is write to web sites such as Download.com to ask them to remove the software because of X or Y reasons... I doubt very much that they will listen to me but I got to try! :).

In the meantime, supporting me by sending them an email is the best thing to do I suppose. Thank you for your support all of you.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-18-2002 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
You shouldn't have any problem getting it removed from download sites, just make the email fairly long and legal sounding, and most sites will take down any content no matter how bad the legal reasons. They don't want to spend any time in court any more than you do.
10-18-2002 10:29 PM
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
By johnny:
Is it illegal to register for your forums surfichris? Whats that got to do with rpping programs... its a free world, people can rip who they like... and they should face the conciquences from the author...

Well, he was banned under a different nickname on the earlier forums because of contstant abuse, flaming, and just being a plain asshole. He is now back and has been doing the same thing..
I was basically saying that he is idiot in all ways around..

Sending a mail bomb is not a very professional act, in some cases it can be considered illegal. If he had any Law Attorneys ( :rolleyes: ) he would be able to track you down and sue you. (knowing him....its a one man company)

Well, the site seems to be down for me currently, im not sure if its because of what i said to him. He has told other people its  because of a server move and dns change.....  :rolleyes:
10-19-2002 12:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Muss
Former Moderator

This Is The Start To A New Era

38 / Other / –
patchou, I never thought he meant he would go and beat him up  :rolleyes:

But saying what he said could mean anything, so I said what I said  :happy:

And MP2 will be able to be changed into wma formatt  :shocked:  :wink:
10-19-2002 07:36 AM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by surfichris
Sending a mail bomb is not a very professional act, in some cases it can be considered illegal. If he had any Law Attorneys ( :rolleyes: ) he would be able to track you down and sue you. (knowing him....its a one man company)

The mail bomb thing was only a joke... and its outlined as a condition by my ISP... if i even attempt it i lose my connection, and this 1mb contact aint cheap... so its not likely really. :undecided:

And the best thing we can do is cause bad publicity, people know who Patchou is and what his program does... thats all that matters at the end of it all.
10-19-2002 09:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
quote:
Johnny_Mac
And the best thing we can do is cause bad publicity, people know who Patchou is and what his program does... thats all that matters at the end of it all.

Jmac said it. Thats the best thing to leave it alone. Piracy cant be stopped, even Mr gates couldnt  :tongue: 

Let those crazy ones who want to spend money on it do it!   :rolleyes: ..... Sure there are 10s of thousands who knows what Msgplus is ..... and who made it....
10-19-2002 02:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
U guys r the best, how can n e one pirate ur software, If i knew how to hack i would hack them rite away ;), but come on, ur software is the best out there, plus on top of that itz free, everyone will dl urs cuz of those reasons, and u guyz r jus awesome peeps, so it makes it even better commin here, i have no regretz commin to dis forum, u guz r jus da best
11-12-2002 12:43 AM
Xaero

37 / – / –
this rocks
look guys (& girls)
Why worry? who knows about this program? and even a better question, who's going to pay for it?
maybe 1% of all people who use msn know it (it's still much) and 0.000000005% from the ones who know it are going to pay for it
mp2 rules, it's free, people don't wanna pay much any more, but this little rip-off thing isn't going to have an influence on the usage of the great messenger+ !
here it is, my comment  :tongue:  one more thing: if i were an adult i would sponser you bigtime patchou...

greetz
11-13-2002 06:40 PM
Bugz

the well known asshole

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Xaero
look guys (& girls)
Why worry? who knows about this program? and even a better question, who's going to pay for it?
maybe 1% of all people who use msn know it (it's still much) and 0.000000005% from the ones who know it are going to pay for it
mp2 rules, it's free, people don't wanna pay much any more, but this little rip-off thing isn't going to have an influence on the usage of the great messenger+ !
here it is, my comment  :tongue:  one more thing: if i were an adult i would sponser you bigtime patchou...

greetz

you're absolutely right
msn plus! rulez!
11-16-2002 07:30 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: