What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Rip-off

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
3 votes - 4 average   Rip-off
Author: Message:
ahtea

What choice will one have? No one in this IT world can stop piracy. Although I myself have not tried Messenger Plus, I have heard my friends commenting that Messenger Plus is a wonderful software. But however, since I am on Messenger 5 when my friend recommended me this software, I have no choice but to wait for MP2 to be released.  :lipsrsealed:
11-17-2002 07:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
AI

[cough]I think someone with good hacking skills should delete it from their site [/cough]

I never said that :grin:
Yes I am alpha-testing
:bow: Patchou :bow:

orkfia
http://www.istherenothingbetter.tk
11-23-2002 12:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mycroes

38 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Xaero
maybe 1% of all people who use msn know it (it's still much) and 0.000000005% from the ones who know it are going to pay for it

0,000000005% of 1% of 6.000.000.000 = 6.000.000.000 x 0,01 x 0,00000000005 = 0,03. So you're thinking my little finger is going to buy this shit?  :huh: And this is if everyone on this planet would be usng MSN...
I like the idea of reproducing Gammasoft's programs. I beleive the technique of converting some filetypes to WMA is free for download at the Mickeysoft site, you only need to know the rigt params, and those can be found in the help I beleive...
For the color picker... If anyone can tell me on which base these formats (RGB, HSC, etc) exist, I'll reproduce the program better than anyone can dream of  :wink:

Last thing I want to say for now is that IF you are going to send them 'some' e-mails, don't mention Patchou in it. They will do just the same thing I guess and start mailing Patchou, and that would only delay any release...

I hope I can find someone who can help me with the color picker stuff, if so I'll do that wma converter too...  :happy:

Gr's,
Michael
Forgive me if there is any spelling or other mistake, because I'm not English, I'm Dutch...
11-23-2002 06:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Meksilon

40 / Male / –
If I'm going to contribute ANYTHING to this thread it will be to say this: Plus! is not worthless and some of Patchou's features had been done before he ever did them, especially when people ask him to put in something they saw in another program.

If someone wants to sell their messenger plus program they have every right to, we don't KNOW they stole the ideas from Patchou and even if they did then just remember they aren't selling Plus! just their cruddy version. Are you going to say every 3D shooter is a rip-off of Wolfenstein 3-D?

=mek=
11-24-2002 12:26 AM
dudboi

35 / Male / –
one of their progs,

AAA Color Picker

is soo lame...why would i want to use that? take a screen shot place it in some paint program and i can take colours from there too....so lame

yah, maybe it makes work easier but spending so much money(yes, im poor) on such useless stuff wont make my job any easier... :grin:
11-24-2002 09:03 AM
Maelstrom

RE: Rip-off
Couldnt be bothered reading through every single reply... but after having a look at their site, and reading what they say about the product..

"The main feature of this tool is it will automatically save your chat log and it has an explorer style Log Viewer to let you view your history chat log. It can also speak out the message you received and define shortcuts for frequently used text. The tool costs only $14.95 and you can evaluate the full function tool for 20 days."

Sure, Log saving and shortcuts are the same, but as of 1.42B, MsgPlus doesn't have a viewer (something I would dearly love to see), or some kind of speaking-thing, like MS Sam.

I hate to sound like I'm advocating it, but it doesn't sound like it's a complete rip-off, so maybe you guys should just cut the guy some slack? Sure, its a similar name to MSN Plus!, but yeah, some people just dont have much imagination ;)

Considering how many pov bastards like me are on the net who never pay for any software (especially if they can get freeware), good luck to him if he makes any money off it... I doubt he'll be able to buy more than a hamburger.
11-27-2002 05:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
* reisyboy slaps gramasoft.com for ripping Plus! off and charging around a bit with a large trout.
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
11-27-2002 07:43 PM
Bunneh

40 / – / –
Whatever you say, you can plainly see that it is a rip off of plus. Although there isn't much you can do about it.

Spread around that it is a bad software and then no one will buy it and they will stop making it. :D lol
12-13-2002 07:43 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
uhmm... [cough]mail bomb[/cough].

LOL :D

let's make it seem an accident....

they didnt only semi-copied your program patchou, but THEY SELL IT OUT!!! apart from the log viewer, is CRAP :spam: ... let's mail bush about it :D
12-14-2002 05:09 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Me again...
quote:
SO, who is the one to make some nice freeware/open source/public domain versions of these software?
It are really not advanced programs.. BUT GAMMASOFT IS ASKING $14,95 FOR IT!!! I think we should provide peope a free alternative

I'm waiting... who will be the fist one to create...
Super-EasyWMA Converter v2.0 ...and...
ABC Color Picker Pro.....
for free!!
Actually, they exist...

The "SUPER-EASYWMA CONVERTER v2.0" may be DBPowerAmp (converts to WMA and plenty of formats, rips cds, FREEWARE

And the "aaaColorPicker" can be clearly replaced (for free) with
pkColorPicker (similar name AGAIN, isn't it?) Download page in english here
or with any program here .

Hope this helped...!

This post was edited on 12-14-2002 at 06:54 AM by Guido.
12-14-2002 05:42 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: