What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger 5 Compatibility

Pages: (12): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Messenger 5 Compatibility
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Wink  Messenger 5 Compatibility
Hello all of you,

if you intend to post a thread or send an email about the fact that Messenger Plus! 1.42 is not compatible with Messenger 5, don't bother, we already know! :).

I'm currently working with Microsoft to find a agreement. I need them to send the documentation they removed from the public domain. A lot of things will be decided  next week, so, by the beginning of November. Be sure that I'll keep you informed about the progress.

In all that chaos, I have what I consider being a great news...  if Microsoft refuses to give me what I'm requesting, I guarentee you that Messenger Plus! 1.43 will be released very quickly. I already coded the fixes and I'm ready to distribute this patched version. Why don't I do it right now? I would prefer people to upgrade to Messenger Plus! 2.0 directly if possible.

Thank you for all your support, I'll posts updates in this thread as soon as I have some news.

Patchou.

This post was edited on 03-18-2003 at 05:56 PM by Johnny_Mac.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-26-2002 05:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Patchou if this drags out a bit with microsoft (as i think it will) Will you release 1.43?
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-26-2002 05:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kaiser2000

Quick Question...
Hi all..long time reader - first time poster ;)

First off, thanks for the news Patchou that whatever happens, we WILL be gettin A version of Plus! that'll work with MSN 5 :)

Now just a quick question - have or can you implement a feature that'll remove not only the ads but also the "tabs" in the main MSN window as although u CAN turn them off in v4.7, MS have (helpfully!) decided to omit that option in the new release. :(
(I had a quick look thru the features that you said would be lost if you don't manage to get around this API problem and saw nothing about this).

Sorry if this last bit is in the wrong forum, but just thought I'd ask anyway :)

Thanks for all your hard work on this - its much appreciated by everyone here I'm sure.
10-26-2002 07:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

I'm currently working with Microsoft to find a agreement.

Hope U find an agreement with them...
I had uninstalled MSN 5 caus eI cant use plus... Ill wait until 1.43 comes out, or MP2  :grin:

BTW, If U install V5, U keep the 4.6 version installed, and U can use almost fully Plus! on it, but the away message wont work...
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-26-2002 07:15 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
BTW, If U install V5, U keep the 4.6 version installed, and U can use almost fully Plus! on it, but the away message wont work...
How can you keep 4.6 installed? The 5.0 setup program deleted my 4.6... :rolleyes:
10-26-2002 07:19 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
How can you keep 4.6 installed? The 5.0 setup program deleted my 4.6... :rolleyes:

I installed V5 and I was waiting my 4.6 version to be closed... but then the sign in window appeared :shocked:
I had both 4.6 and 5.0 versions installed :shocked:

I cant show U a screenshot cause as I say, I uninstalled V5 :P
10-26-2002 07:31 PM
2Cold_Scorpio

40 / – / –
Working w/ MS....thats a good sign, I suppose. :D

On another note, I too, managed to keep 2 messengers on my system:  Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 5.  Plus even sorta works in 5.  Too bad the stuff I use the most don't. :P  I miss auto-away messages.  Ah well...
10-26-2002 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by 2Cold_Scorpio
Working w/ MS....thats a good sign, I suppose. :D

On another note, I too, managed to keep 2 messengers on my system:  Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 5

See WDZ ? :rolleyes:
10-26-2002 07:43 PM
Albux

– / Male / –
Windows MEssenger 5.0 hasn't been released
Hello!! Why are you worrying so much about the new release of Msn messenger 5.0? I don't have this new messenger in my computer (Windows Xp) because they haven't released Windows Messenger 5.0 yet. So until they don't release it, they won't release the API's you need. Please, don't worry!!!!
10-26-2002 08:40 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Windows and/or MSN Messenger 5.0 has been released i am afraid.
10-26-2002 08:50 PM
Pages: (12): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: