What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Messenger Plus! Community forums history

Pages: (15): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Community forums history
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history
:banana: You Remembered my name as some of the people who registered I must be so special :D
11-24-2003 11:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Blah , I read it all :P I joined to ask about sponsor removal but look at me now so hip and hop :P If i hadnt ever joined these communities than i wouldnt know VisualBasics ( had never heard of it until the plugins started being created and i picked up on your fancy pancy tech talk) I wouldnt be creating a program called TweakMSN , Sk3tch would not have started VB and made Nick Twister (well atleast yet) and same with DBJ and his Simple DVD player. I wouldnt know near enough about how economics work in the program world (with all of Pacthou's intelligent posts)
and most importantly i would be bored out of my mind O_o
11-25-2003 12:11 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history
quote:
Originally posted by wj
HAHAHAHAHAHA! No mention of the dreaded
"Server Load Exceded" errors?
I meantioned it :chrongue:
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
So we had a lot of members and guests browsing the forums at the same time and we started to get the server load limit error very often.

[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-25-2003 01:03 AM
bra1nwash

THE GAMEFREAK!

35 / Other / –
hehe me read the whole thing too...i agree its quite touching:) i got into this forums when sum1 introduced me to msgplus and i searched the site thru google n found the site, i sumhow found this nice community after that;) hehe time flies i shud say, its been 5 months since i have been here...me feel kinda proud of myself:lol:
Visit the homepage of CNC Generals, the OWNAGE game!!!
[Image: zerohour_thumb.jpg]
[Image: b2.gif]
sch juz started..
11-25-2003 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
I forget how I stumbled upon this place. And for what reason. But one thing is certain. These forums do exist...

One of my friends recommended Plus 1.41 I think it was. I was a bit wary at first, being new to Messenger in general. Once over the initial fear that Patchou was some kind of hacker after all my darkest secrets, I was hooked (no pun intended) :refuck:

After doing a very good job at failing my exams, I decided to take up more of a residency on these forums. In fact, most of my posts have come within the last few months. Much to the amusement of my friends, who's cries of "Geek" are still ringing in my ears...
11-25-2003 03:42 PM
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
Wow, that was an interesting read...usually I just skip long posts. :grin:

I remember how things were just before/after I joined.  Many of the more "senior" (:tongue:) members were still about then...but not so many are still here now. :-/

First time I came here was when I asked someone over MSN if she could remember the last came we spoke online, and she was able to tell me the exact date and time of our last conversation.  I was amazed.  She explained about Messenger Plus! and it's chat logging ability, and within minutes I was doing a google search.  These forums were the first result...but at the time (in all my n00bishness) I'd only just got the internet and had no idea what a forum was untill I explored around a little.  After finding out about the forums at the MediaUK website and more at TheSite, and in a similar way to that which Chrono explains, I was hooked (I know, I had a life, but I lost it when I "got connected" :grin:).  I came back here one day to check for a new version of Plus! and realised "Hey, this is a forum too!" and spammed (posted (a)) here from that day onwards. :P

Nowadays, I don't visit the other forums I started with very often.  The Messenger Plus! forums is where I spend most of my posting time, and I think it will stay that way for a long time to come.

I like reading about how things used to be.  Although I'm not one of the very original members, I've been here long enough to remember some of "The good old days" you are talking about...even the wonderful days of the busy forums and "Maximum server load" message. :P

In fact, my very earliest memory of the forum, was the old skin used when the forums was powered by devBB, and the christmas logo at the top, which I was reminded about the other day...

* musicalmidget wonders how many current members will still be here this time next year. :P

By the way Chrono...how the heck did you get that many smilies in one post, I thought the limit was 10. :dodgy:

:gfdrin:
11-25-2003 03:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
* musicalmidget wonders how many current members will still be here this time next year. :P

I'm pretty sure quite a nit will remain, and i hope i'll be one them :D

quote:
By the way Chrono...how the heck did you get that many smilies in one post, I thought the limit was 10. :dodgy:
he's mod :dodgy:
i had to remove like 7 smilies from my post :P
11-25-2003 04:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
* musicalmidget wonders how many current members will still be here this time next year.:P

I know I will , these forums are like part of me now :P Ive been on them since i was like...9 and they are my homepage :D
11-25-2003 05:19 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
i downloaded the first plus from a friend who had kept saying, y cant you hear the sounds im making. so i downloaded plus and then, because i am who i am, i joined the forum not too long ago just to post some ideas about plus that i had.

say a couple of months went passed and i hadnt visted the forum at all. untill someone showed me mess.be and i saw the whole page on msgplus..and i thought..whow its grown. so i went back on the forum and started to make *friends* if thats what you call it.

im realy sorry for saying this but this place is great, i realy love it, i would have a very sorry life if it wasnt here, everyone here is just so nice to me and treat me nicely,[ even the ones who say i spam :) ]

ill spend as long as i can on it, i even got it blocked on my school computers because some guys came to install a new internal server and saw the cookie for this site. [ but i got it unblocked one lunch time........shush shush.] ive like it soo much ive introduced loads of my friends to it traxor, ibisdevil2, gozzerry. plus many more.

my home computer has the plus logo on my personal folder.

this forum has helped me get intoduced to skinning [boo ghost and shady][i can skin!!], c++ and vb [ djm] and irc [segosa]

ps: i think segosa is doing a great job on irc, and should be opped full time or something!

personally i would like to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the love and happiness this thing has brought to me!

yours
jackass_wanabe

pss: lol@chrono for mentioning me
11-25-2003 06:54 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history
quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
he's mod :dodgy:
i had to remove like 7 smilies from my post :P

Actually i have that "10 smilies limit" too.

I guess that, as i couldnt edit my post cause of its lenght (:refuck:), wdz did some :dodgy: move so i could edit it...when i edited my post  i tried to edit itagain but without disabling the smilies, and bingo! :chrongue:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-25-2003 11:29 PM
Pages: (15): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: