What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!
Author: Message:
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!
quote:
Originally posted by anders_nielsen
So what you're saying is that Patchou told you to add your name to the credits list?
I must have missed that part.

No, but why make a scene about it??

I could understand if I had deleted your name or maked it shorter, BUT I DID NOT, and my name in the About box is only "A. Madsen", and your name is <removed>, you see the difference?

This post was edited on 02-21-2010 at 10:05 PM by Chrono.
11-25-2003 03:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!
In my opinion, translating only 2 sentences does not give you the right to add your name to the credits. The official translator team are who should decide who is going to be on it.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-25-2003 03:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kian

41 / Male / –
----------------

No, but why make a scene about it??

I could understand if I had deleted your name or maked it shorter, BUT I DID NOT, and my name in the About box is only "A. Madsen", and your name is <removed>, you see the difference?

----------------

But still I have to go back to:
* Why did you update the translation file without contacting the current team (you know - I still put my name on that file and if you change it into a piece of crap I - well – let’s talk in lowercase: GET PRETTY ANGRY.

* And again – we’ve spoken to you about being a translator - is it that difficult to understand that we aren’t recruiting?

* And don't you get the point? (if not: The point is not only that have you modified the file and added your own name, but what do you thinks happens if everyone changes the file and sends it to Patchou? - I really, really, don't care what you have added (except your own name - that pisses me of), changed etc. but for God sake; modifying your file and using it yourself is okay but sending it to make it official is crossing the line.)

I don't want to discuss this futher - Go outside - play hide and go f*** yourself

// Peter

This post was edited on 02-21-2010 at 10:05 PM by Chrono.
lets get one thing straight - i am NOT
11-25-2003 03:19 PM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dingemann
* Why did you update the translation file without contacting the current team (you know - I still put my name on that file and if you change it into a piece of crap I - well – let’s talk in lowercase: GET PRETTY ANGRY.

I did't contact you, cuz' I really did't think that people could be SO angry, and cuz Patchou did't said anything about we should contact you; and i did not turn it into a piece of crap!

quote:
* And again – we’ve spoken to you about being a translator - is it that difficult to understand that we aren’t recruiting?

I understand it completely, but still, i am a translator according to Patchou, which i think is the only to choose.

quote:
* And don't you get the point? (if not: The point is not only that have you modified the file and added your own name, but what do you thinks happens if everyone changes the file and sends it to Patchou? - I really, really, don't care what you have added (except your own name - that pisses me of), changed etc. but for God sake; modifying your file and using it yourself is okay but sending it to make it official is crossing the line.)

I really dont think that Patchou will accept every translation, do you?

quote:
I don't want to discuss this futher - Go outside - play hide and go f*** yourself

And you think that is me that have a problem? ^o)
11-25-2003 03:41 PM
NapalmLos

39 / Male / Flag
It doesn't make the problem any smaller that MarZie didn't change anything but the requested lines, and that he didn't corrupt the file or its "credits"-text. Patchou said, originally, that:

"I need two things to be translated for the next minor update and I don't want to bother the official translators for that. Please post the translation for this line in your language (and do not post for anything else, it will help be update all the files faster ). Thanks!"

Notice the term "official". If MarZie understands English he'll know that this indicates that he, though he might be a translator (according to Patchou and the definition), is not an official one.

(Patchou doesn't say whether MarZie WILL BE an official translator though.. since the "official translators"-bit is a reference to a group existing before the brief translation - but if he had meant that MarZie (like any other who translated those few lines) was to BECOME an official translator, I think he'd have mentioned it)

I don't think few lines makes a person eligible for the "credits", and I'm having a hard time believing that MarZie should be of another opinion himself; though a doubt might exist - Since the first name doesn't appear.

By the way - I am a member of the Danish translation team. And on a personal note, I'd like to, additionally, thank MarZie for not molesting our .ini, for not kidnapping our families and, finally, for not filling the streets of our cities with napalm - since Patchou didn't tell him not to, and since it's reasonable to believe that it wouldn't piss us of. We shouldn't focus on the negative issues alone..
11-25-2003 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
In my opinion, translating only 2 sentences does not give you the right to add your name to the credits. The official translator team are who should decide who is going to be on it.

I agree completely! Now, please close this thread!
11-25-2003 05:32 PM
NapalmLos

39 / Male / Flag
There'll be a final reply shortly; an ending statement from the translation team. Then it'll be closed :)
11-25-2003 05:55 PM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
I am a danish translator. I am on the mailing-list, I get the emails and I get the translations-beta versions of up-coming Plus! versions.
11-25-2003 05:57 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
Now, please close this thread!
Yes, that's enough.
Btw, NapalmLos, you avatar is f*cking the structure of the forums :S
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-25-2003 06:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli

i posted 2 lines in italien, i didnt realy expect to be on there! the ones who do, prob just want to show it off to there mates. not like i wouldnt, i tell my friends i have talked to patchou and they find that it self impressive

ps: get rid of that avatar, its tooo wide

This post was edited on 11-25-2003 at 06:33 PM by Stigmata.
11-25-2003 06:31 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: