What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger 5 News

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Messenger 5 News
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  Messenger 5 News
Good afternoon,

just got some news from Microsoft... apparently they apprciate what I'm doing with Messenger... I'm very surprized but hey, that's a very good news (for me at least :)). Apparently, there was some internal problems at Microsoft which resulted in the non-update of the API documentation. Now that they know that it causes a lot of problems to some people they are supposed to do what they have to do to solve the problem... great!

In the mean time I've completed the new Personalized Status feature (the old Perso Away renamed). I know it can seems to have taken a lot of time for this single feature (and it was not much improved since last version) but in some ways it's related to multi color/format text and logging so I had to do a lot of code that it going to help me with the forthcoming features.

For those who are interested in my personal life, well... this evening I'm suppose to eat chicken with mushrooms. I'm looking forward to see the Simpsons Halloween Special  on Fox this week end.... :p ... seriously, this evening I'll release the Interactive Agents Plugin update for Messenger 5 to ActiveBuddy. After they've done some beta test, they will release it to the public. You should try it, it's really a great tool (mostly interesting for USA people though).

I'm also going to add some more commands to MP2. Starting tomorrow I'll code the multi color/format feature... if you do not know what I'm talkign about, it's the feature that will allow you to send different colors in the same texts... exactly like IRC... if we're lucky enough, it will be really like IRC, by that I mean that it will add the underline and the background color option for your text. That's one of the feature I hope will make MP2 a success.

Again, I hope that the Alpha version will be available for the end of next week. I want to add logging first so.. we'll see.... for those interested in scripting, I still don't know what to do as it will directly be related to the Messenger API I can use.

Patchou.

This post was edited on 03-18-2003 at 05:56 PM by Johnny_Mac.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-31-2002 08:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
yippie :D:D:D
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-31-2002 08:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jw

38 / Male / –
Microsoft? Cooperating? Funny things can happen... ;)

Great news though, can't wait for the alphas. :D
10-31-2002 09:11 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
In fact, I intend to improve the logging feature to make it more reliable and more some other things but unfortunately, MP2 will probably not feature HTML logging.... the reason is that it's too big for the current time I have.

However, what I would liek to see is a good log viewer... the one that did Ginge is already very good... I suppsoe I won't add any log viewer with MP2 but I'll probably do it for next versions.

Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-31-2002 09:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Do you thin html in future versions aswell or maybe as a seperate patch for people who want it  :undecided:
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-31-2002 10:04 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
MS recieve so much stick... if it wasnt for them they wouldnt be a Plus! Kinda hypocritical isnt it? :undecided:
10-31-2002 10:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Good point, but they are a bit of a money grabbing company that just buys out any competition.
10-31-2002 10:15 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Im sure if you were in the same situations, youd do the same thing... its called business. After all, they need and will make money like anyone else.
10-31-2002 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
yeh i see your point, and i probably would, but people dont like them because they have to much of a monopoly.
10-31-2002 10:25 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Wow! great news man.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-31-2002 11:19 PM
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »