What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Problem with plugins in latest Plus! build....

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Problem with plugins in latest Plus! build....
Author: Message:
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
O.P. Problem with plugins in latest Plus! build....
Right....I've got a problem that seems to with plugins in the latest Plus!, or at the very least with 2 specific plugins....whenever I load up MSN Messenger (and sometimes when I sign in as well) it comes up with 2 error boxes and freezes MSN for several minutes....it only happened when I installed the latest version of Plus!, and when I switch back to the old version it works perfectly. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling both MSN Messenger and Plus! itself....I've even tried removing all the plugins and unregistering them but that does nothing either....I've taken a screenshot of the error boxes that popup, and the boxes that appear in the taskbar to represent them....to see which version of things I'm running, simply look at my sig....

.jpg File Attachment: Errors.JPG (10.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 555 time(s).
12-21-2003 06:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Problem with plugins in latest Plus! build....
They are likely to have something to do with your plugins (especially, they are made with VB code because your screenshot says you're getting VB Runtime errors):)
But perhaps still related to Plus! if you say they work fine with earily Plus! versions - I haven't just seen Patchou say he's changed Plugin things:)
But I think it's just that one of your plugins (I hope it's not Hopper as you are using it) has screwed up all your plugins and Plus!.:)
12-22-2003 11:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Problem with plugins in latest Plus! build....
Well (from the errors I get) it seems to be Hopper and Song2Nick...which is odd as they worked perfectly before...and they deffinately still work when I reinstal an older version of Plus!...and I still get the errors when I uninstal ALL of my plugins...
12-22-2003 08:39 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Well since it's a plus problem I won't send you a debug version of Hopper to determine where the problem is...but I highly suspect the problem came from one line, which stores the running Messenger instance given by Plus!, of Hopper's Initialize subfunction...

I suggest you...
1. Try to close Windows Messenger's process (I see you are using version 6 which comes from Longhorn alpha and could be unstable) and see if the problem exists
2. Uninstall and reinstall MSN Messenger (unpatched)
3. Uninstall Plus! without preserving the settings and reinstall it. (But be aware, you may have to reinstall all of your plugins too)

Actually the best way is to call Patchou:P
12-23-2003 12:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
Lol....well for the suggestions....

1) Windows Messenger is actually completely disabled on my PC (I have no idea why I didn't just uninstal it but it's completely disabled anyway)

2) I tried doing that....several times....even tried re-installing version 6.1.0203 and then 6.0.something but neither of them fixed the problem....I'm now using the latest Windows X version and it still doesn't help....

3) I tried that also, but I'll try it again as it's the only thing I haven't tried doing more than once....will edit this post if it works....
12-23-2003 10:30 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
I have :plus2: 2.54.74 and Song2Nick is giving me the same problems!
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
12-24-2003 07:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
Well I tried uninstalling Plus! (again) and reinstalling it (removed all plugins before I reinstalled)....it works perfectly when I don't instal plugins....but as soon as I instal Hopper and Song2Nick....it's messed up....methinks Patchou changed something if someone else is getting the same errors....

EDIT: Well I've messed arround for a few hours now....done lots of random things (which includes instlaling the latest Hopper version) and now the errors have changed from being Song2Nick & Hopper to being Song2Nick & Wouters Plugin....so a slight improvement....I think....

This post was edited on 12-26-2003 at 09:18 AM by JaymachRalTir.
12-25-2003 08:12 PM
Unlisted

Subliminal Message Hidden Here

With regard to the above problems, is there anyone that still has a copy of msgplus 2.52 for me? I somehow lost the installer and forgot about the problem, until I installed the latest that is...couldn't understand why my MSN completely refused me to sent any IMs all of a sudden...
03-07-2004 12:36 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
It is not recommended to use an older version of Messenger Plus!; newer versions usually contain bug fixes and new features et cetera.

Anyway, if you really want it:
http://home.hetnet.nl/~fam-huls/tochjo/msgplus-252.exe
03-07-2004 03:26 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
For Song2Nick:
* It needs Windows Messenger's API. This means, when you disabled/uninstalled Windows Messenger, Song2Nick will not work
See: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=201175#pid201175
* It doesn't work at all on the current version of Plus (2.54.74).
See: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21405

MSN gives an error when opening an IM with someone:
* Proberly has to do with the plugin called Ink/Handwriting
See: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=208117#pid208117
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-07-2004 03:29 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend