What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » New MP2 feature... check this!

Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
1 votes - 2 average   New MP2 feature... check this!
Author: Message:
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: New MP2 feature... check this!
quote:
Originally posted by joon
no i mean he coppied those colors and text from a irc bot i have mirc and when i copy something from it it doesnt copy the colors.. my question is how did pachou copy the colors with the text from irc? cuz when i copy from irc and paste in msn its just plain black?

It's been a few years since I last used mIRC but I'm sure that the log files included the colour codes and if you hold down ctrl when dragging to select text it will copy the colour codes too.
As for pasting into MSN it will still be your default font colour with strange boxes and numbers until we get our hands on MP2.
01-02-2003 08:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Alpha Binary

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by SMG
about the idea of autodetecting plus, I thaugh that i could post a possible solution:

Plus assumes at the start that the user isn't using plus

You use a plus feature such as the mIRC text or /me

If there is no reply by the person chatted to with something like <plus=yes>, then plus know's that the user hasn't got plus and puts an alert in yellow area of MSN 5/blue area of WM4 that says "x
_user may not be using plus!".

If the other user is using plus!, then plus! will autoreply <plus=yes> although it will be hidden from both user's view and the yellow area of MSN5/blue area of WM4 will say that "x_user is using plus!"

just an idea, i dont think that he should add this to MP2 because then he'll simply be too busy, this could be good for MP2.1 or later

Ah... I don't think it's possible to send messages and make them invisible from another user's view. dunno
01-04-2003 05:14 PM
Alpha Binary

35 / Male / –
Tongue  RE: New MP2 feature... check this!
It's however possible to check if the other user is using Plus! w/o letting both users know! In ASCII chart there are some characters that looks just like spaces but has different ASCII code. Try Alt+160! IE:

- Messenger is launched. Plus is loaded for the first time.
- Plus assumes that no user in the contact list has Plus.
- You try to IM someone in the contact list.
- Plus detects the message and secretly add [Alt+160] character at the end of the message. It will look completely normal.
- If the other user doesn't have Plus installed, he or she will still be able to read the message and reply back completely normally.
- If the other user has Plus installed, it should be able to detect the [Alt+160] character at the end of the message.
- As soon as the other user reply back, his or her Plus secretly adds [Alt+160][Alt+160] character at the end of the message.
- You will be able to read his or her message normally, but in the background Plus tries to check if there are 160 codes at the end of the message...
- Plus found them and marks that user with [Plus] mark.

My English isn't so well, I hereby apologize for any mistakes.
01-04-2003 05:30 PM
math1985

– / Female / –
Sad  RE: New MP2 feature... check this!
I think the risk is too big, some strange users of the millions of MSN-users are testing ASCCI-codes or something, and will send a alt-160 to a person with plus...
01-04-2003 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Binary
It's however possible to check if the other user is using Plus! w/o letting both users know! In ASCII chart there are some characters that looks just like spaces but has different ASCII code. Try Alt+160! IE:

- Messenger is launched. Plus is loaded for the first time.
- Plus assumes that no user in the contact list has Plus.
- You try to IM someone in the contact list.
- Plus detects the message and secretly add [Alt+160] character at the end of the message. It will look completely normal.
- If the other user doesn't have Plus installed, he or she will still be able to read the message and reply back completely normally.
- If the other user has Plus installed, it should be able to detect the [Alt+160] character at the end of the message.
- As soon as the other user reply back, his or her Plus secretly adds [Alt+160][Alt+160] character at the end of the message.
- You will be able to read his or her message normally, but in the background Plus tries to check if there are 160 codes at the end of the message...
- Plus found them and marks that user with [Plus] mark.

urhh too home-made... and anyone can add an alt+0160 codes to the end of the message... :undecided:
01-05-2003 12:48 AM
denkeeper

– / Male / –
Cool  Just Thanks
Thanks patchou for the ver 1 .

Well ver 2 aint out yet so cant say that for ver 2 yet but I am sure it would be a great one as well.

keep up the good work.

Gee - I like the no of stars patchou has against his name !!! He He.
We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere
01-05-2003 07:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: