What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Possible solutions for "We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger" (0x81000370)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Possible solutions for "We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger" (0x81000370)
Author: Message:
Wouter

38 / Male / –
RE: we are unable to sign you in the net manager service, 0x81000370
Run this patch
after running restart msn
if it still doesnt work reinstall msn after aplying this patch
let me know if it worked

.exe File Attachment: MSN Patcher.exe (6.5 KB)
This file has been downloaded 3312 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-04-2004 at 09:56 PM by Wouter.
[Image: 1497.jpg]      [Image: qbase.jpg]
07-04-2004 09:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
And what does that patch exactly do?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-05-2004 01:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Undisclosedpower

harah fixed it :D
7026 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes, 22 seconds ago till the new year.

7392 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes, 22 seconds ago since the last new year.
07-05-2004 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
HybridX

Hi
I having a prob and i get this code now and again.

I used to be able to get onto msn no probs at all b4 i installed router and homenetwork.
Now i cant get on at all, no proxy servers are ticked and everything in here ive tried am pulling my hair out tring to figure whats wrong

I have AOL and Windowsxp and the other 2 pc connected to network are both XP can anyone plz give me a hand on these issues i really have tried next to everything.

I cant uninstall aol or router for the simple fact we got a pro to set it up and i dare not touch it.
10-09-2004 08:41 PM
Qucumber

– / Female / –
really don't want to read all of this, so I don't know if this has been posted are not, but here are some more things to try:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSNTS: Error 0x81000370: You receive the error message “We were unable to sign you in to the .Net Messenger Service” when you try to sign in to MSN Messenger(833275)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information in this article applies to:
MSN Messenger

SYMPTOMS
  When you try to sign in to MSN Messenger, you receive the following error message:
We were unable to sign you in to the .Net Messenger Service, possibly because of a problem with your Internet connection. Please try again later.
  MSN subscription customers only: The Messenger Details section of the MSN Status and Support page may display the following error message:
MSN subscription customers only: For additional information about how to use the Status and Support page, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

818713 How to Use Status and Support

CAUSE
  A WinInet error occurred when you tried to sign in to MSN Messenger.

You may not be able to access other sites that require you to sign in.

You may not be able to sign-in to MSN Hotmail by using your .NET Passport credentials.

You may have an incorrect setting in the Hosts file.

THINGS TO TRY

1. Exit MSN Messenger:   a. Sign out of MSN Messenger. 
  b. If you see the MSN Messenger icon in the notification area, right-click the icon, and then click Exit. 

2. Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) state and the AutoComplete history. To do this, follow these steps:   a. Open an Internet Explorer window. 
  b. Click Tools , click Internet Options, and then click the Content tab, 
  c. Under Certificates, click Clear SSL State. 
  d. Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared. 

3. Verify the Check for server certificate revocation and SSL options in the Security section. To do this, follow these steps:   a. Open an Internet Explorer window. 
  b. Click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab. 
  c. In the Security section, clear the Check for server certificate revocation check box and select the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 check boxes. 

4. Check your Firewall and Router Configuration to make sure that port 443 is open to access secure sites. Contact the firewall or router manufacturer for more information.
  5. A system component that processes digital signatures may be damaged. To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:   a. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. 
  b. At the command prompt, type regsvr32 softpub.dll, and then press ENTER. 
  c. Click OK when you receive the message that DllRegisterServer in Softpub.dll succeeded 
  d. Repeat steps a through d for the following files: Wintrust.dll, Initpki.dll, Dssenh.dll, Rsaenh.dll, Gpkcsp.dll, Sccbase.dll, Slbcsp.dll, Mssip32.dll, and Cryptdlg.dll. 
  e. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window. 

6. Verify that the Internet Explorer cipher strength is 128   a. Start Internet Explorer. 
  b. On the Help menu, click About Internet Explorer:   The cipher strength information is displayed in the "About Internet Explorer "box.

If you have Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later, the cipher strength should be 128 bits.

c. Click OK
If the cipher strength is incorrect, some Internet explorer files are missing or damaged. To repair or reinstall Internet Explorer, use the method for your operating system:   Microsoft Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows 2000
Download and install Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, or reinstall Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/ie6/default.asp

Windows XP
To repair Internet Explorer on Windows XP, Use the System File Checker tool to scan all of the protected files on your computer:   a. Click Start, and then click Run. 
  b. In the Open box, type sfc /scannow, and then click OK. 

7. Clear the entry in the Hosts file:   a. Click Start, click Run, type the command for your operating system, and then click OK:  o Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition: %windir%

o Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP: windir%\system32\drivers\etc

o Windows XP Home Edition: %windir%\system32\drivers\etc

b. In the Windows Explorer window, look for the file that is named Hosts in this folder. 
  c. Right-click on the Hosts file and click Open with, and then select Notepad. 
  d. Delete any entries that refer to the passport.com domain - for example, Loginnet.passport.com, LoginMSNIA.passport.com, or login.passport.com. 
  e. Save and close the Hosts file. 
  f. Try to sign in to MSN Messenger

8. If your computer is running Windows XP, clear the DNS resolver cache:   a. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. 
  b. In the command prompt window, type the command ipconfig /flushdns. This will flush all DNS entries that have been cached. 
  c. Try to sign in to MSN Messenger. 

9. MSN Subscription customers only: Generate a Status and Support report file, and then e-mail the file to MSN support. For additional information about how to use the Status and Support reporting functions, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

818713 MSN: How to use Status and Support

818695 How to send and view a Status and Support file

10. MSN Subscription customers only: If the error prevents you from using the Status and Support page:   a. Record the error message and the circumstances when the error occurred. 
  b. Contact MSN support.   a. Visit http://support.msn.com
  b. Call MSN Technical Support: (800) 877-9580 

11. Agent: Contact an L2 agent for additional help or approval for an escalation. For additional information about escalating an issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

326434 How to escalate to L2
10-11-2004 03:45 AM
twotickies

Hello, none of the mentioned have worked for me, my problem has only started once i got my adsl line, it keeps telling me that i am not logged on to the internet, but of course with adsl i am connected 24/7 so please help, i am desperate.
11-03-2004 05:56 PM
decca

RE: RE: we are unable to sign you in the net manager service, 0x81000370
quote:
Originally posted by kelly
After not been able to sign in for 3 days :( and trying everything on the list is still wouldn't work. But i found this then it worked straight after :D.

1.  Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 SOFTPUB.DLL" (w/o the quotes).  You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.
2.  Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 INITPKI.DLL" (w/o the quotes).  You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.
3.  Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL" (w/o the quotes).  You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.
4.  Now try the Windows Update site and see if you get the same error.

ok i know its says its for windows update lol, but it did fix that and my messenger worked straight after doing that as well....

Thanks Kelly!

I'm back online....now only if others could make help so simple! :)
01-08-2005 04:13 PM
RhYTHM

Cool  RE: RE: we are unable to sign you in the net manager service, 0x81000370
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Hmm nothin worked then i suggest u write em about it..just ask why ur unable to sign in.

Feedbackform is found here:
http://support.msn.com/contactus.aspx

P.S. I wouldnt mention anything bout searchin for hacks or sendin illegal files to em....;) They will try an solve ur problem

wooooow .. I just Emailed them and I was able to sign in at the same mintue thats wicked !:D

but there are just 3 signed in thats sucks !:(
02-08-2005 11:52 PM
Proto-Type

RE: Possible solutions for "We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger" (0x81000370)
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!
04-01-2005 01:06 PM
Improfane

Woooohoo Bunny!

RE: Possible solutions for "We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger" (0x81000
Heres what I do when I get a connection error:
I go in the registry editor to (Start > Run > regedit ):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

Then empty (BUT DO NOT delete!) the contents of the Server value entry by double clicking on it and clearing whatever its current value is.

Restart mSn and it usually fixes it for me.

This post was edited on 04-19-2005 at 08:49 PM by Improfane.
04-19-2005 08:49 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: